Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been lurking for a couple of weeks, but have now ordered my Juke so I thought I'd come say hello!Test drove a 1.5 DCi today, loved it and went in and ordered one.1.5 DCi, in Force Red. Acenta Sport trim levelShould get it 5th July (fingers crossed)Chris

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
welcome Chris, great choice and the best colour, although for the extra I would have specced up to premium still each to their own. As you have been lurking you'll know that we like a little banter but you can at times find some really useful information and it has to be said that the members on here seem to know more than the dealers.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Red Haha , Fee did you hear that, Chris said RED, </font>welcome Chris. T</font>

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya -- Welcome Chris!!!!I know you have gone for a RED and that explains why theres an early delivery !!!! - No-one else wanted the RED.......
....... WHITES RULEAll the very best to you... You will have a ball...Keep us posted on how you get on with your collection Fee x

·
Registered
189 Posts
well done chris, great choice same as mine and you won't be dissapointed, oh though the colour should of been black add a little chrome and howay you go, hope your wait ain't to long.
</font>

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, these forums actually swung the decision in favour of the Juke!

Plus I made the very sensible decision of taking it on my daily commute twice, driving normally to test the MPG. Result: Very impressive!

Looking forward to bantering with all of you

Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Chris
Welcome to the forum, only mistake you made was picking the wrong colour, but there again makes the white more exclusive lol...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Fee,My commute is about1 mile from my house to the A38, then 12 miles of fast dual carriageway. Off the A38 and about 3 miles of traffic to work. So a one way trip of about 15/16 miles. This is in Devon so it's all up and down hill, quite long ones which are steepish tooand the traffic can be smooth or start stop.My test drive was this route each way twice, at 70mph where allowed and a little side trip onto some of the B roads we often go on to get to our usual haunts.Bearing in mind the test car had 80 miles on it when I started, the engine was cold, and I spent at least 10 miles in 5th (as I forgot it was a 6 speed
)I was very impressed to get an indicated 55.2 mpg at the end.All was driven in Eco mode.I know the unreliability of fuel computers (the one in my Jag was about 12% out) I reckon I can do high 40s or low 50s with a little effort.I followed the MPG discussions with much interest and I'm convinced that it's all down to the roads people drive on as much as driving style and trip length. I could get 55MPG out of my Jag when seeing my parents as they live in a flat part of the country. Devon knocks about 10% of fuel figures as everywhere is up a bloody hill! Short trips and town driving kill economy too.An interesting suggestion to Nissan.. as the vehicle already has electronic engine management, electric throttle etc, is thereany way to add a Start/Stop function as a software upgrade? Would improve town MPG hugely!Chris

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks for that - Yeah - your daily commute is far more suited to the dci than my daily grindAs for start/stop --- its on the Qashqai now apparantly - Nissan might have this plan for the Juke - who knows. Although in my case with my commute - I doubt it would have made much of a difference as the engine would never be fully heatedup - its be more off than on.As a retro fit - not sure !!!Good luck when it comes - I really do hope it lives up to your expectationsAll the very bestFee x

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive had my juke for a month now an average mpg is 28.2 but this has all been around town

1 - 16 of 16 Posts