Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had an email with our delivery date. It is now stating 20th May! yes people you heard it right MAY, from an Oct order date.

Dealeris confident it will be before then, but im not sure. Now I have a dilemma, cancel or wait & hope.

I have already got rid of my car as it was supposed to be Jan 2011. So I am car less & relying on lifts.

I do like the Juke, but this just seemstoo long
Any advice peeps?Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Phew Sally - what a dilemma

I hope some dealers on the site can give you advice... Its a cracking car but a 7 month wait - dont think so.....

good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
118 Posts
Test drove the 4wd on friday & dealer said it would be feb time...i said i had read april he was confident feb & if orderd there & then they would honour vat increase..id sooner it be april! I doubt a feb delivery is realistic on 4wd!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im totally confused. Our dealer says he is confident it will be before, as the date is usually the worst possible one. But I think the Juke has thrown all the normal experience out of the window.

Im just at a loss. I thought buying a car would be exciting!Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is sally!! Your on a roller coaster ride at the mo...one minute its on its way the next theres a delay..sit tight & it'll be well worth the wait! Ive got to sort my job situation out before i can go order mine...oh & sell my car...all part & parcel of my roller coaster ride!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seems odd your dealer should be saying that Sally.
This is from another thread
Dougal said:
I should have mentioned in another post that we have been told by our prospective supplier that if we are to order in December delivery will be mid April. 1.6 AWD CVT
So someone is not telling the truth!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep Jadzijuke, my thoughts exactly!

It does make you wonder how thee dates are generated. Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats been in my email tooEdited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi sallyspud,

Totally understand your frustration, i ordered 10 Oct and have been given delivery date 16 March (after several angry calls to the dealer and NCS to get a date) Have accepted this date but am going to keep looking to see what else becomes available, also have informed dealer if date goes back further, to have my deposit ready as i will be cancelling.Edited by: WITHERS

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Withers,
Yep we ordered 23 Oct, we were given Jan, then about 3 weeks ago beginning of March, now Its May 20th, butdealers hopeful it will be earlier.
Edited by: sallyspud

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well Sally you must be frustrated by this. I can imagine everyone that has been given reviewed delivery times must be very frustrated.
I believe 'most' dealers will always give the furthest away delivery time to 'look good' to the customer when it either arrives on time or indeed, early.

I have fired off an email to Nissan Customer Services to see what they say about us ordering early December for delivery April 2011. the end of April will suit us well as we get rid of our current car at that time.

Of course if the Juke is not ready for some reason I would expect the dealer to fix us up with a suitable courtesy vehicle till it arrives.

Why should we the customer suffer for poor delivery from the supplier. It will serve Nissan right if this is happening a lot as it will cost them money...

It has been said that the marketing boys got it wrong and did not forsee how popular the car was going to be - no excuse. Those that have had their orders in early enough should not be held up unnecessarily. it does appear on the face of it that some are getting their cars and others are not - with no good reason for the latter.

It will be interesting to see what answer I get.

I have already written ti Autoexpress with my concerns about the delivery times from Nissan hoping that they will bite the bullet and approach Nissan to publicly announce the correct, expected delivery times for the different models, not just the 'every day models'. In case Nissan try to hide delivery times of the AWD CVT amongst the standard model delivery times.
If you and perhaps others were to write to Autoexpress as well expressing your concern about your poor delivery time and the fact that you will be without a car longer than expected. Perhaps, Autoexpress will carry the banner for us.
They do have a way of getting things sorted out for the driver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have got to the stage that owing to the lack of information and support by Nissan we should all cancel our orders and buy suzukis or hondas or another brand that not only will you get ba deal on but the vehicles are availible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts