Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, only second post!

I'm around a week away from picking up my car (i hope!) and i'm very concerned about the Diesel MPG issue.

I'm having an Acenta 1.5dCI in white.

If you still had the option to buy and hadn't purchased yet, would you still have it or knowing the mpg issues, would you cut your losses and buy another car with better mpg but probably not quite so stylish or fun?

I'm confused and feel between a rock and a hard place to be honest. I do a mixture of short trips and motorway journeys in my job. I currently drive an 04 plate Honday Civic 1.6 petrol and average around 38mpg even though its done 80k.

I love the look and drive of the Juke but i need to be doing better than 38mpg really so is it the car for me economically? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would still buy the juke. I only have it for two weeks now and today was the first time i had to fill up. I've done 410 miles with my last tank, but although it was saying it needed "food", i could only fit 8 gallons. My mpg is on 46. So it's not the values Nissan advertise but still i'm happy with it.
But if economy is of great matter to you, there's some new cars with great consumptions.

I would definitly buy the Juke again!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Everyone knows my experience of the mpg issue but given my time agian I would still by the Juke as nothing else looks as good, would I buy the diesel again YES but only because I dont like the 5 speed box in the normal petrol although if offered a weekend loan of a dig-t to evaluate its mpg I might go that route
I RECKON YOU WILL ACHIEVE YOU 38 MPG goal

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I'd say the same JW. I've had mine for a month now. 75% of mileage has been in town and it's showing 40.5 mpg. I didn't buy with consumption in mind but am happy with what I'm getting and it's a great little car.

Lj2.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I would consider buying another one but only if they did something to improve the MPG and my driving style 90% urban stop/start changed.

That said, I feel the issue seems to have more to have affected the earlier diesel model
s - Deks, Jayannley, and myself all took delivery in November, we all have/had similar issues. There seems to be less discontent with the more recent diesels so i dont know if nissan have done something or that new owners arent moaning as much as us..

If economy is an issue and you do a lot of town driving - I wouldnt take the risk - Deks has made a valid point - The torque from the DIG-t is fab and a load of owners drivng the DIgt are getting around 38MPG.. Ask for a test drive for a couple of days and see how you go

Fee x

·
Registered
6 Posts
No! NEVER!!! I've got the TEKNA; very poor gearbox, very hard to get into gears especially 3rd gear, one time when I change to 4th gear the gear knob itself pull out of the gear stick I was horrified!!! driving uphill on normal mode is so hard for the engine as if its gonna drop down the engine bay! I made a very wrong decision on swapping my Honda Civic Type R / GT. and oh yes I've got the TEKNA but it doesn't even have an alluminum pedal! what a crap considering it's the high end!
Edited by: Family guy

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes def. Tekna is great - yes aluminium pedals would be good but I will add them as anextra at some point. I change cars frequently and only had this one a week so prob not in the best position to comment but the wow factor of this car is IMMENSE. (and I took delivery of mine knowing all the diesel issues)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi JW. I bougt my car two weeks ago knowing all the issues in the forum. But if we consider the DPF (diesel particulate filter) which is a new standard for all the new generation diesel cars (all new diesels will consume a little more than the older ones), the consumption is reasonable for me. I already wrote my consumption calculations under the related topic, you can check for them.

As all we read the comments of the diesel mpgissues, as far as i know, deks36 has the worst values about consumption. And again as far as i know, the complaints are about the first produced carscame out the production. (November)

I don't accept the 6 speed gearbox issue, or performance issue (dci) because there is no such issue i bet. I can say that performance is really enough with that 240nm torque (I never owned a diesel car before, and never owned a one lower than 150hp, still have a 2008 BMW 320ci and sold my Alfa Romeo GT to for to buy a diesel Juke) and 110hp engine delivers enough power for a car like this.

If we consider you are gonna drive your car half in town and half on motorway, you will achieve good mpg values. I'm satisfied till now, without trying to save fuel.

Conclusion: As I said before, I bought my Juke knowing all the issues and complaints in this forum, but I didin't experienced such issues. My answer is yes, I would still buy a Nissan Juke dci. YOU MADE A GOODDECISION!

PS: Honda Civic TypeR is not a right comparison for juke. My Alfa Romeo GT or BMW 320ci are not right comparisons for Juke either. I bet some friends complaining here about some interesting issues are owning petrol engine Jukes. (I drove an atmospheric petrol engine with cvt transmission Juke and didn't like its performance)

·
Registered
33 Posts
<DIV =msg>Feefee i don't know why but i'm sure you're gonna buy a Juke again in the future, maybe after a facelift and some little improvements in the next couple of years.. We'll see :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Volkey said:
Feefee i don't know why but i'm sure you're gonna buy a Juke again in the future, maybe after a facelift and some little improvements in the next couple of years.. We'll see :)
Now I have to insist you apologise to Fee...................
She does not need a face lift !!!
a little trim perhaps - but NOT a Facelift............

12inch

·
Registered
33 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Volkey said:
Feefee i don't know why but i'm sure you're gonna buy a Juke again in the future, maybe after a facelift and some little improvements in the next couple of years.. We'll see :)

Now I have to insist you apologise to Fee...................

She does not need a face lift !!!

a little trim perhaps - but NOT a Facelift............

12inch

A little trim on consumption? That'll be ok I'm sure :) She bought a new car and while doing so, she lost some money, I guess she's gonna drive that car for a while and that will be enough time for some improvements (encouragement). Then she'll come back the club ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well mine is a November model and with mixed driving conditions and un-economical learners driving it i still return between 48-49 mpg. I would like a little more power for my sake but it goes pretty well and is very flexible. Infact it's the most flexible driving school car Iv'e had in 24 years of teaching.
Tom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice and 11 out of 12 people stating they'd still buy the car, is a pretty good response so i'm reassured to some extent.

Good news is since i originally posted, i've had a call and my car is available to pick up on Thursday, going into since the finance agreement today!

Jukey is on its way!

·
Registered
443 Posts
We have sold a few k9k and none have had mpg issues .
I'd have the oil burner over the petrol if I used it. But its the Mrs motor so only does short trips .
Horses for courses .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts