Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I had a call from my dealer today saying that all of their Jukes have been delayed heavily and my DIG-T is now not expected till January
. Given it was ordered in July this seems mad.
Has anyone else had similar experiences. Are the delays on the DIG-T engines?

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's not good, although I was told by my dealer that DIG-T engines wouldn't be available until December anyway. I haven't heard anything about the standard engine being delayed but he hedged his bets and didn't give me a firm date anyway.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
**** Chris! that sucks, I thought our 4 days was painful, but a whole 4 months... that's pretty rediculous. Hopefully it gets brought forward again.

Maybe Nissan didn't realise how popular the DiG-T engine would be, as I understand it they're concentrating on the 1.6 N/A & 1.5 dci.

·
Registered
367 Posts
OMG that's cr*p!!! Not heard regarding ours but it's just the standard 1.6 I know originally it was said that the DiG-T were a longer delay but honestly that's ridiculous!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh Chris - Thats painful... Sorry but if it was me - I would cancel order and get somethng else.. DOnt think any car (unless perhaps a Ferrari ) is worth that wait.

Our 1.5 Dci is delayed 8 days but 4 months - Sorry - That is completely unacceptable.

They have been advertising and giving all the sales blurb for months now - they should have been prepared. Come on Nissan - you can do better!!!!

Oh - if you order a Qashqai today - you wont get yours till February !!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might be right Fee, I'm not sure any car is worth that kind of delay. I had a Ford Kuga when they first came out and the car arrived 6 weeks early so was really impressed. My Scirocco took about 4 months and that was an agonising wait and I'm not sure I can go through it all again.
My dealer is contacting Nissan dealer support and going to come back to me but I'm already researching other dealers to see if I can get one in a decent time. If not, it might be back to the drawing board

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've also ordered a DiG-T and checked with my dealer this afternoon. They told me as far as they're concerned the October delivery still stands and they haven't been informed of any change by Nissan.
They also said that they were "pushing" Nissan to get dates brought forward, though I can't see it somehow.
It could be that I've been lucky to get one within their dealer allocation?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Glad to hear it - a move - in the right direction!!!! -

Perhaps , when the cars start to arrive Dan can do a poll to see exactly how long people waited for their cars..

Hopefully Chris78 will have better news - perhaps getting the actual order number from the dealer and contacting Nissan Customer Services himself to see what they say.

I can only speak for myself and say as much as I LOVE the Juke, if the dates go any further back than November - I am cancelling - Perhaps some dealers have preordered and may have stock shortly after launch.. Its yet to be seen.

Good luck everyone - hope you all dont wait too long.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Marie

I have heard of someone whose date for a new car got put back - they spoke to their dealer who agreed to honour the trade in - took the part x in and gave them a courtesy car till the new one arrived.

Would still need to insure it but would take the hassle out of service mot and tax.

Maybe you could try speaking to the dealer. They might say yes - you never know!!!

If you do succeed - let us know...

Fee x

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unfortunately we had to pay out £180 on a service for our car the same flipping day we pre-ordered the Juke. Couldn't leave it though
Hopefully, things will get on track and once the jukes start leaving Sunderland for the dealers the dates will start being brought forward!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Marie said:
If my date gets put back I'd be liable for mot, service and road tax

I need this new juke by 31st October
Aw! I'm in the exact same position, although have to have rid of our car by the 28th of sep, we've just agreed with the dealer to do an early part-exchange hand-over on the 25th, we're hiring a lovely Ford KA for a week which is £100 (not as expensive as either mot, service or tax) so we're happy, dealer has said if the car is delayed any further they'll cover the rental car cost.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If mine gets delayed - its bye bye Juke, hello.......erm.....well, dont know, havent thought about it.....Mini Countryman.........(runs away)

Come on Nissan, pull yer finger out!

andy

·
Registered
206 Posts
iamdabe said:
Marie said:
If my date gets put back I'd be liable for mot, service and road tax

I need this new juke by 31st October
Aw! I'm in the exact same position, although have to have rid of our car by the 28th of sep, we've just agreed with the dealer to do an early part-exchange hand-over on the 25th, we're hiring a lovely Ford KA for a week which is £100 (not as expensive as either mot, service or tax) so we're happy, dealer has said if the car is delayed any further they'll cover the rental car cost.
A Ford Ka??
I'd rather walk to work.
No wait, its a 40 mile round trip every day.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
feefeeglasgow said:
Glad to hear it - a move - in the right direction!!!! -

Perhaps , when the cars start to arrive Dan can do a poll to see exactly how long people waited for their cars..

Hopefully Chris78 will have better news - perhaps getting the actual order number from the dealer and contacting Nissan Customer Services himself to see what they say.

I can only speak for myself and say as much as I LOVE the Juke, if the dates go any further back than November - I am cancelling - Perhaps some dealers have preordered and may have stock shortly after launch.. Its yet to be seen.

Good luck everyone - hope you all dont wait too long.

Contacting Nissan customer service is a good shout - I didn't think of that, so thanks Fee! Its also got the advantage of taking the dealer out of the equation so I can find out if its their fault or Nissan's. If my dealer has screwed up (not placed the order when they should have etc), I'll go elsewhere even if it costs me more

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Discovered the broker I'm using is getting the car from westway Nissan. Anyone else order from them?

1 - 20 of 188 Posts