Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popped out to the shop and when I parked I noticed that the front edge of the gear lever(silver part) is worn out, anyone else get a wearing number part? I presume its down to the wedding rings both of us have and so wont be covered by warranty.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you think about the movement of your hand ..Wedding ring third finger left hand then its when you shift gear from 3rd to 4th.....as 1st to 2nd your hand covers a different part of the knob (oh errr)..You would think that Car Makers would think of this probelm. If the missus wears an engagement ring then opening the passenger door and the hand movement could also scratch the door around the door handle..

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep wife laughed when I told her I wanted a divorce so we could protect the poor quality material used on the car

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I drive mine like taught, so do not grip the top of the gear lever, hand to the left side and gently guide into gear.Oh great, just tried to reword this twice but could not get it to read any better, so do not bother commenting......

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Kats said:
I drive mine like taught, so do not grip the top of the gear lever, hand to the left side and gently guide into gear.Oh great, just tried to reword this twice but could not get it to read any better, so do not bother commenting......
Could you do an In Depth article on this subject, with special attention to reverse.....................

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kats said:
Theres so many things wrong with that so I will not comment..

·
Registered
220 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Kats said:
Could you do an In Depth article on this subject, with special attention to reverse.....................
Its along and up...

·
Registered
555 Posts
mmm i better becarefultoo - i also drive with my gearstick in hand
Bad Habit i know ! But it feels so good holding it.
12inch uses two hands -

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have one gear "GO"
Quote from Mr Sheen haha

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a message from Nissan this afternoon they are going to sort it for me
which I have to say is excellent and a lot easier than I was expecting it to be

·
Registered
220 Posts
deks36 said:
I had a message from Nissan this afternoon they are going to sort it for me
which I have to say is excellent and a lot easier than I was expecting it to be
Tell you what , thats more that most Car Firms would do...Well done Nissan for a change...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Deks I just had my gear lever replaced, the whole gear lever was wearing to that yellow colour, all around the numbers and on the edge next to the leather. I wear no rings. I took it into my old dealership and they were very hesitant, 'Wear and Tear' they called it.
But to cut a long story short, after a LOT of problems with my old dealership (Crawley Down Group), I took it to Motorline of Tunbridge Wells and they were absolutely FANTASTIC. Sorted all my problems out. Much more professional and organized. Big thumbs up!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well I am surprised by poor service a CDG had good experience with mind has to be said not first time i have heard that glad you got issue resolved, another contact i have with in the Nissan brand tells me this is yet another known problem albeit on this one Nissan are keeping a little quiet

·
Registered
998 Posts
Good to hear you rate Motorline as I purchased my Juke from the Dartford branch, sooner or later Iwill have to report the paint defect and question the short carpet / missing coversissue. T

1 - 20 of 41 Posts