Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I know I have moaned long enough but my wee car arrived today and is now sitting looking beautiful in my driveway. Too dark outside for pics - will do later.

For those of you who are wondering about the diesel engine. All i can say that it sets exceptionally well in the JUKE and performance is far better than in the heavier Qashqai.

It pulls away well in lower gears. The previous concerns about the "notchy" feel in the gears between 1 and 2. Didn't notice that in the diesel. The 6th gear is a godsend. The engine power is exceptionally nippy... I am well impressed it has far exceeded my expectations...

Cabin noise is less than expected and no wind noise evident (loads in QQ - due to HUGE elephants ears wing mirrors)

Connect system will take a wee bit of getting used to but the dealer to his credit had set loads of things up for me prior to pick up. Had to mess about with audio settings (MORE BASS please!!!)

I checked the parcel shelf as I understood from pre production Jukes that the fittings were ropey. Would assume a mod had been done as my parcel shelf was robust.

The gaiter around the gear stick was intact and wasn't loose like in my demonstrator.

Steering was responsive and light.

Suspension - compared to the QQ - much softer but still a wee bit hard.

Visibility through the rear privacy glass was far better than I had expected.

I did only 19 miles today in mostly town driving, taking it easy, and MPH showed at 35MPG. I think thats good considering car is so new. Will get better.

I know I moaned at you all but IT REALLY IS WORTH THE WAIT.... If you can stick it out you won't regret it.

Thanks Folks and a huge thank you to David Robertson at Machargs in Glasgow. Helpful guy who did fantastically well considering Nissan messed him about!!!!!!

Fee

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
206 Posts
I pretty much agree with everything you've said in your assessment Fee.
Congrats on your new arrival

·
Registered
272 Posts
nice one fee,at last !!! ...............enjoy. simmo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Fee, can I ask what the protection pack is like?
Are the mats and boot liner worth the money?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Great preliminary review. Roll on the weekend and my new arrival.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marie

i managed to negotiate these as a "gesture of goodwill from Nissan"

The mats are really good quality - fit beautifully and are thick. - look the part (JUKE embellished on them)

Boot liner is solid and fits snugly into the boot space. Will be a godsend during the winter months

Mud guards - look great !!

Overall - Yep, I would say that its very good value for money and if push had come to shove I would have paid for them no bother.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cheers Fee.
I'm about to order from Holdcrofts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice one bird!!!

At Last!

Andy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats Fee, they seem to be coming thick and fast now..called in at my dealers this morning to air my concerns overdelays,before heading off back home...and lo and behold..my car had just arrived..salesman had been ringing around the other branches and found me one..pick it up next week so im now saving myself the 400 mile round trip and enduring daughters cooking for another few days.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for all your good wishes... I am going out to pick hubby up!!!
Any excuse to go out now
Northendsoul - good luck for your pick up = isn't it amazing what happens when you moan!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well done at last, fee. Delighted for you and glad it's been worth the wait

·
Registered
84 Posts
Woo hoooo , chuffed for you Fee. I'm glad it was worth the wait and delivered the smile factor. Going to see if you've posted pics yet! :D

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope - cant seem to upload pics - Will have a wee look tomorrow

Good luck to you all too.... I am desperately sorry for all you guys waiting now - its rubbish......

Chris - not long now.. it'll fly in
Kenny - any word on your DIG-T?

Fee x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am hopeless at that sort of thing... I really am....

Cant work it out... Deactivated my facebook account today cos I didn't know what it was all about...
Nightmare...

Will have another wee stab at it and see how it goes..

Cheers
Fee x

1 - 20 of 38 Posts