Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do hope I have posted this in the correct sections.
Apologies if not.

I placed a order from WLMG in Eastcote back in May and was given a delivery date in 2nd week June.
Got my finance approved, so I took my plate off my part exchange and kept it on retension.
As soon as the paperwork came back, I dropped it off at WLMG so that they could put it on the new car for me. So far so good.

ONE day before I went to pick the car up, I get a call from Erol (Finance Manager) to be told that the finance company had now refused my finance!!!

I asked why, he said he was not sure.
So, I said fair enough (although very angry), I got my deposit back and asked for my retension certificate.
Oh, that has already been sent to DVLA as the car has already ben registered he repsonds.

I ask him what he is going to do about it, and he said he would look into it.
A week has gone by and nothing, no calls back (though I call daily).
I was informed that they wanted to dereg the car, and I explained if they did that, then my plate would be scrapped.

I explained, the only thing they could do, it put the plate back on retension, but then there is a cost, which they are unwilling to pay (£105).

I feel they should be responsible for the charge not me, as I have been approved finance elsewhere.

All I want is my plate back, is that too much to ask?

Any advice would be helpful fellow members.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
If I was you I would take legal advice, as this is clearly a serious matter and needs resolvomg properly
the dealer has pre registered the car for its needs not yours and as such as far as I am concerned like you it is their responsibility to sort it out. If they have already registered the car then the paperwork for it will come to you. Did you sort insurance out for them to register it as they cant have registered the car without insurance with you details on.
In anycase you gave them you retention certificate in good faith they should not have registered or used the retention certificate without the necessary paperwork all done and should now be returning the rention certificate to you I strongly urge you to take legal advice as large group dealerships are a law unto themselves and have no interest in customer care just profit and I doubt they will do anything to resolve your problem unless forced to do so . I wish you luck in getting back what is rightfully yours
On a different subject are you still getting a Juke or is the finance for a different car

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Deks,

Thanks for the post. I agree, I have looked at the legal route.
The dealer called me to get the free 7 day insurance, so they could register it.
I agree, I was helping them.
I am still getting a Juke and have placed a order with another dealer.
Should be here end of July (got finance too)
I think WLMG, took my ordeer to hot their target and then when they did not need my business, they decided not to carry on.
I did get a well over the odd price on my PX.

I have been trying to get in touch with RIC Finance, but thats a nightmare too.

Fingers crossed, I will get my plate back, I have told them and shown the dealer the invoice I paid for the plate (2k).

Thanks again.

SunnyP

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought I would give you a update.
I am now delaing with the manager of the dealership.
We are waiting on the V5 form to come to me, then they want me to send this to
them so they can get a rentention on the plate.
Overall, I will be about 3 months without my plate.
Though the manager from the dealership has been good, this has scarred me and will
never deal with WLMG again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What a mess?

I hope they sort it for you soon!

Shop around and get a personal loan you'll get a very similar deal to the Nissan Finance anyway. Then you can get a killer deal from Orange Wheels.

Ouch!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have already placed another order with another dealer.
Annoying thing is though, how bad some sales people are.
I placed a order on 2nd July, advised that car would be ready
about 29th July.

Since then, I have heard nothing from the salesman.
I would like to think they would keep me informed, but nope, nothing.
Not a call, not a email, nothing.

I'm really getting fed up with delaers.

Fingers crossed 29th July is still on.
I'll be screwing if not.

Sunny

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its not unusual for salesman to make no contact, very few do, I mean what do you expect they have had your money why should they show you any customer service now
funny how they change once you have signed isnt it, cant do enough for you to get the sale but after that they dont want to know, mind you should tar them all with the same brush some do go the extra bit but not many.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, its like they have a split personality.
When you first walk it, it's "would you like a coffee, or water?".
i bet if I walked in now, he would not even know who I was and
in fact will offer me a coffee again.
If he knew who I was, I think he would try to get rid of me asap.

I purchaseds a Lexus a year ago. I have to admit, their sales team is amazing.
I used to get weekly emails with updates and calls.
even now, I get a cll at least every 3 months, asking if everything is ok.
I know they only want to sell me another car, but it is not the point.
a cusomter should be for life, not till he / she buys a car

oh by the way Deks, i bought the Juke memory stick you were selling on ebay last week.
I only realised it was you when I was going through my purchase history and I saw the seller.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the motor trade of which I am a part needs a serious 21st century update
I could not work for a majority of dealers simply because of the way they treat customers.

Yes I am aware you purchased the memory stick from your id
got plenty of other bits for sale aswell

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep, i paid 2k for the plate back in 2008, for the mrs on our first wedding anniversary.
always said I would never have one, but when were looking for a car for her and she chose a Fiat 500 (the PX). I saw this plate and the number plate would suite it down to a tee. Now she is always told the car does not look the same without the plate.
We want this plate to be put on the Juke, only I think it is gonna be a while cause of WLMG.

I shall have a look at ebay at see what you got to sell.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well I did not wish to read about this problem, just as I am setting out to the dealership with our retention certificate, so that they have it ready for when the car is delivered. I have also got a very good quote from my insurance company for the Juke. It is all set for the delivery date, only a few more weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont get me wrong bakertech, most dealers are good and get the job done, WLMG are just awful, there are forums all over the internet about how bad these guys actually are.
I am sure you will be fine. I will just have to wait the 10-12 weeks that I have been quoted for my plate to come back to me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
SunnyP No problem at the dealership as they are a very helpful company.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Bakertech, you in the IOW?
Will be fun driving across there in the Juke.
I was there a few years back, I had a CLK back then, it was so much fun
driving around.

Glad your dealership is helpful.
Even my current one is being a pain too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Only had three hoursuse of the demo 4x4 but that was enough to select a Juke against a 4x4 Quashqai or Hyundi Xi35. Quite a few Island Jukes now on the roads and some visitors too.

We have got our local car show this weekend so that normally has a good attendance. More Juke orders?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Sunny, I bought my Juke from WLMG Eastcote and found them to be extermely helpful. Its just a bit of a nightmare situation. Did you get accepted for finance through Nissan for a 2nd time (with the new dealer)? If so, this couldpossibley be refused again anytime before collection of the car. There have been a couple of stories of this happening. Hope you get everything sorted out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi BrownJnr, I am glad your experience was good.
I found out recently that Erol has been dissmissed from the company, as there was
a lot of complaints about him.
I have had Finance approved but I did not go through Nissan this time.
I do hope everything will be fine too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts