Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I noticed that you cant "lift" the wipers from the windscreen I guess you have to open the bonnet I brought it to my Dealers attention he said its so its more streamline I have never experienced this before in a car have anyone here had this before or any comments I dont like it myself when washing the car
Thanks

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
juke10 said:
Hi I noticed that you cant "lift" the wipers from the windscreen I guess you have to open the bonnet I brought it to my Dealers attention he said its so its more streamline I have never experienced this before in a car have anyone here had this before or any comments I dont like it myself when washing the car
Thanks
Yup I noticed it whilst reading through the manual, makes changing the blades tricky! you have to (within 5 seconds of turning the ignition to check) hold the wiper stalk down until the wipers move vertical. you can then lift them up to change the blades.

As for the reason, wiper blades can make a rear old noise when at speed, so I guess Nissan sunk them into the bonnet so that they weren't an obstruction, means you're gonna save a little bit of fuel! although I'm sure those MASSIVE headlights are gonna cancel out that!

·
Registered
367 Posts
found the same problem when ours had it's first bath on Saturday yep had to lift the bonnet up to!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Same on my Golf GTI...

Had to press the wiper sweep arm down within 5 secs of removing key - parks the wipers in vertical as Dabe says...

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts