Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Answers on a post card then, if i buy one i'll be going for a Accenta Sport maybe the DiGT model, if it comes in November i'll be putting some winter tyres on it straight away and storing the other tyres till March next year, i know its not a 4x4 but i'm hoping its gonna be better than my Golf GTI which spent 3 weeks stuck on our drive last xmas/new year due to the wide wheels low profiles been basically sh-t in the snow, hoping the Juke does a bit better.....
Whats your opinions on the forth coming snow haha

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Iam waiting for winter with trepidation. It will be interesting to see how the 1.5 Dci engine copes with the new DPF during the winter when snow is on the ground and the car will be driven slowly.

I know the revs have to be kept high to regen but I am not sure how this will be done in snow.

Can the engine be revved while stationery?? Anyone any ideas?

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Iam waiting for winter with trepidation. It will be interesting to see how the 1.5 Dci engine copes with the new DPF during the winter when snow is on the ground and the car will be driven slowly.

I know the revs have to be kept high to regen but I am not sure how this will be done in snow.

Fee x
first gear hand brake on spin those wheels lol

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
theguru said:
Answers on a post card then, if i buy one i'll be going for a Accenta Sport maybe the DiGT model, if it comes in November i'll be putting some winter tyres on it straight away and storing the other tyres till March next year, i know its not a 4x4 but i'm hoping its gonna be better than my Golf GTI which spent 3 weeks stuck on our drive last xmas/new year due to the wide wheels low profiles been basically sh-t in the snow, hoping the Juke does a bit better.....
Whats your opinions on the forth coming snow haha
time will tell but one road test i watched didnt rate it on roads without good tarmac
and as you said not too many caars will do well in snow with their wide tyres on
mind you we have to have snow first

·
Registered
452 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:

Fee x

Sorry Fee, SNOW?? Is that the sprinkly white stuff that turns to a sludge black, I see in pictures from places like England, etc?? Ho-hum!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i've ordered a Juke 1.6 and just bought 4 new Winter Tyres ( these ones )
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=6368645.110.18677&Cookie=froogle&typ=R-191247&ranzahl=4&Breite=215&Quer=55&Felge=17&Speed=V&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi
Hopefully it'll do better than my last car which spent 3 weeks stuck on the drive in the last winter and more weeks the year before. So if we do gets loads of snow where we are ( in the sticks where roads are'nt gritted ) then hopefully i'll still be able to get around in my Juke ( deep down would love to be able to pull out a 4x4 frrom a ditch haha )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts