Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,Can anyone give me some info regarding supply & fitting Winter Tyres on Steels wheels?I currently have the standardTuranza ER300 215/55R17 94V Tyres fitted to my Acenta Premium 1.6 (non turbo).</font>Anticipating a bad winter!! could you recommend what type of Winter Tyres I should look for and where would I get 17" "steel" wheels?</font>I believe my current "standard fit" tyres are summer type.</font>Many thanks for any help.</font>
</font>

·
Registered
796 Posts
Actually I can help. I live in the Alps where we can get 3 meters of snow.

I drive both a Qashqai and Smart Roadster in winter on Winter Tyres.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GET "ALL WEATHER TYRES"! The rubber compound is way too hard and are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Proper winter tyres are the way to go.

I use Conti winter sports contact on both cars.

The site I use as a guide is www.reifen.de (It is all in German however), so I have done a dummy run based on the tyre size you stated.

Here is the link. http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl

These tyres are also based on a Mak speed of 120kmh which is about 80mph.

The higher the spees category, the more expensive the trye.

The cheaper tyres normally offer better grip but the wear is higher. So it really depends on the distance you will do over Winter.

When I order mine, I will have to orfer high speed tyres as the Autobahn driving for me is between 180 and 200kmh.

I do have a contact who can supply these tyres cheaper, so if you see some which you like. Let me know and I will ask him for a quote.

Wilson

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im a big fan of Vredesteins in the winter, I have Wintrac Xtremes on the Rav4 and work really well, due to new job and house only managed to get them off in June but I was surprised how little wear there was. Come in 215/55/17 98V XL too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
insanojackson said:
you dont need 17's for your wnter wheels, look at 16 or even 15 options with a higher profile.

I do agree with that, but havent come across a used 16" set of wheels nearby yet, but handy having an uncle who is a mechanic with a tyre fitting machine so gotta stick with the 17's for now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ok ladies and gentlemen, prices range from €110 to €125 per tyre (at he moment). this excludes delivery, so an exact price can only be stated once the delivery address is known.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tyremen Ltd gave me this quote;

"At this moment in time I can offer you 16" wheels and winter tyres

this is using a narrower tyre 205/65R16 Goodyear Ultra Grip 7+

The cost will be £760.00 Delivered inc vat." Delivered to North East Scotland.

The Goodyears get a reasonable write up and with the price including wheels, I think it is a bargain. These 16" ones will be replacing the 17" originals for the winter only. I will be going back to Tyremen for another quote just before I buy as they say they might offer a better price in September.

Hope this helps too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
> Unfortunately, they (MyTyres) don't quote for the Juke.

I've emailed MyTyres who tell me they don't have a package for the Juke; well, I had noticed!

Steel wheels seem to be very difficult to find on the internet. After lots of searching, I've come to the conclusion that KFZ Stahlrad 7855's are the appropriate wheel. Can anyone confirm this? Does anybody use this steel wheel? It seems to be specified for the Qashqai.

I still haven't found somewhere that sells it although MyTyres include it in a bundle for the Quashqai (the bundled tyres are 215/65 so too big for the Juke).

John

Edited by: DIGiT

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last year's best ranked winter tyres by the Finnish (and I believe Swedish and German) testing group wasNokian Hakkapeliitta 7Continental ContileContactBridgestone Noranza 2 Evo.
Don't know how much you trust this, my my Juke will come with the Hakkapeliitta 7.(BTW, all of those are with studs.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dougal said:
JukeP - we can't use studs over here unless we are off the highway.
then you don't have REAL winters
here studs are allowed for about 5 months/year, and winter tires are obligatory for 4 months...
Best non-studs seem to have beenGoodyear Ultra Grip Ice+Continental ContiViking-Contact 5Nokian Hakkapeliitta R
The common wisdom here says, that your winter tires should never be low profile, and they should be from the narrower end of allowed sizes.
If you believe that (I do..), you should look more something like205/65R16 (or even 195/65R16, if that is OK; may be different depending where u live).

·
Registered
26 Posts
> If you believe that (I do..), you should look more something like205/65R16 (or even 195/65R16,
> if that is OK; may be different depending where u live).

205/65 R16 seem to be (within ~ a half percent) the same diameter as 215/55 R17 so that would be my preferred size.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts