Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

wine rack removal

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Geoff_Juke 
#1 ·
Has anyone removed the wine rack? In view of no further updates for the grill to cover the holes I was thinking of having a look myself. Even fitting the front finisher myself. Any tips advice apart from let the dealer do it!

#2 ·
i havent removed the rack myself I understand though that it clips in i dont know if removal is an option with out removal of the bumper though
I can say if you plan on fitting the front styling plate its doable in place as I did it but it is a real pain and would be easier off the only issue I had was the four nuts and bolts that secure it underneath it took me migh on 40 minutes to fit as they are really fiddly to get it and this has to be done last as it bolts to the car not the rack
good luck update us on your findings

#3 ·
Deks
Looking at the finisher fitting instructions, it looks like you use the adhesive strips to get the position of the holes to drill. How do you get behind to screw these in via the holes you have just drilled. It looks very tight with it the wine rack in place.Edited by: philthunder

#4 ·
A few people on the US forum have done this you could have a look on there. If I remember there are clips and bolts, plus you have to pull in down and forwards to get it off.

#5 ·
the rear is stuck on
the front you have to fit some tabs on these have a sticky side which will then stick to the rack this locates the holes you have to drill to fit it with screws and clasps
you can try sticking it I would presume it works
I dont why they stuck the back and screwed the front there must be a reason
all I can say was it was a nightmare and I won't be doing it again

#6 ·
Ok. Think I am getting the hang of this now, still cant fathom out how to screw the ones inside (self tappers) with the wine rack in place.
Now this will get you.
Have a look at where the holes are drilled for the water escape, I assume thats what they are for, big ones each side. The left side (near side for us), the hole is up on the curve so it can be seen, and its oval. The left side is much lower down and cant be seen. I thought I had a duff one untill I checked all the photos. Duff it may be but they are all like that. Is this Italian craftsmanship! Oh they are made in Italy by the way.

#8 ·
phil the screws for the styling plate go through from the inside of the wine rack it is possible to do in situ as long as holes are in the right place and you have small hands to get it inside the rack I also did a couple from inside wheel arch by removing the liner
told you it wasnt easy

#10 ·
Phil, I had mine fitted by the dealers and saw them take the front bumper off. Thay said it was much easier that way as they were unable to get the big hands in. They also had to remove the wheel arch trim to take the bumper off. Apparently this is only a problem of the Dci.

Lj2.

#14 ·
Jojolepipo said:
This is a tutorial on a french juke forum for removing the winerack . The pictures are very clear but let me know if you need some help translating .

http://juke-passion.info/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=457

Brilliant Just what I needed. Would the French site mind if we posted the photos. I will do the grill as well while its off. I had instructions off American Nissan, but these pictures are the business and tell me what the instructions gloss over. Finding Wurth adhesive was impossible even though I have a depot near but no retailers. Bond IT PU18 is available and an equivalent so I will use that, I think hot melt glue sticks would work just as well.
Nice as it sounds I would think that white mesh would be a pain to keep clean!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>Edited by: philthunder

#15 ·
I agree on both counts. The pics make the job look real easy and i think im right when saying the only actual hard work is sticking the mesh to the back of the rack. The rest just clips in and out of place :D
And on the second point, yes white would get dirty quickly :( so maybe some nice shiney silver :D but i guess anything that close to the road is going to get dirty quick. Unless we become like Rocks and spend 8 hours detailing our cabs lol

#17 ·
Check the shizil on this dizil
http://customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=11_Nissan_Juke

You dont have to remove the wine rack for instalation but you do have to drill holes. Sooo:
Drile holes and fit premade mesh drill inserts
or
Take wine rack off and glue your own?

I dont like drilling so might still go for the later option....Edited by: meaga-byte

#21 ·
The best way to stick the mesh to the back of the plastic wine rack is to use Araldfite two part epoxy resin. Once this has cured (use the slow acting instead of the rapid cure) once this has cured (approx half an hour) it will be as good as a weld. You could also use two part epoxy body filler instead.
Leaving the mesh silver might look good, but why not sparay the mesh the same colour as the body. Force red mesh against the black would look nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.