Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 4 months to the day and a stone chip has written off my windscreen. Didnt even know it had chipped and after 6 hours parkedin the glorious sunshine I had a 16 inch crack - less of the sniggers JOY. Spoke to Autoglass today and they tell me that they have replaced about 80 Juke windscreens - mine being the 2nd tekna spec. Does this seem a lot considering theJuke is a new car? I have only replaced one windscreen before and that was about 15 years ago. Edited by: flynn

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I had a stone chip but it did more damage to the bonnet, which it had been the windscreen tho, cheaper to repair.
Sorry to hear that Flynn, But bet itS not just jukes.

K xxEdited by: Kats

·
Registered
377 Posts
If its anything like round here the council keep doing that very cheap road surface, where they spray the road with tar & dump a load of chippings on top. You crawl along & hear the ping, ping, ping off your car!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry to hear your troubles.

Is it an insurance job or are you paying for the screen. I just wondered how pricey they are?

Ouch!

·
Registered
873 Posts
sallyspud said:
If its anything like round here the council keep doing that very cheap road surface, where they spray the road with tar & dump a load of chippings on top. You crawl along & hear the ping, ping, ping off your car!
Basically, why hire a steam roller when you can just get all the cars to do the job for you!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Insurance so only cost £75. They dont have it in stock so will have to go to Nissan Direct or wait til one made. Thats Autoglass and not some tin pot company. Looks like Saturday at earliest

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear windsreen broke this morning for no apparent reason, the outside temp was only -1oC it's been colder in the past. Nissan warranty on the glass is for the first 1k miles so it looks like an insurance job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Car is just 2 years old now, and I'm on my third windscreen - they seem to crack immediately rather than chip, not even giving you the chance to have it repaired.

First one went within a month of having the car - they seem to be rather fragile to say the least!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Mine's fine, it's taken some hefty whacks on the motorway too, doesn't seem to be too widespread. It's just luck of the draw with them I think.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting to note that my window screen's rain sensor is off centre, when the screen was going to be replaced the sensor was in the centre. Autoglass were able to locate the correct screen but luckerly it could be repaired with out replacement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And 4 months later, I now need another screen :eek:

Really not happy with this, I don't tailgate people, I don't do high mileage, but I do spend most of my time on d/c with a lot of trucks about, things just ping up of the road, sometimes from the opposite carriage way, and the screen goes immediately - 8 inch crack. Wouldn't mind if it chipped and I had a chance to repair it, but every screen has cracked instantly :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts