Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

WhenI picked up my Juke mid-December, I noticed a white line on my windscreen, whichI thought was the china marker white pen that they use to draw on panels e.t.c.

WhenI came to wash the car,I realised it was a scratch and thenI found a few more on the passenger side (they are virtually invisible in certain light conditions).I could actually get my finger nails in to the scratch(s)!

Following a converstaion with my delear (which was fairly negative), I approached the service centre and within 2 weeksI have a new windscreen. I was very pleased with the team at WLMG Ruislip.

Just wanted to flag this as a potential issue, as it looks like it has happened in transport.

Happy Juking!

John

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Thanks for sharing that, I shall go over mine very thoroughly and try not to let excitement get the better of judgement

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have also found scratches on the Windscreen on the inside. I've got it booked in for the dealer to take a look. Trouble is I've had it three weeks or so and I'm convinced they're gonna say it was me that has damaged it - but only found it cos my car really steamed up at the weekend after cleaing. John was your scratch on the inside?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have to give +1 to WLMG Ruislip I took my Juke there to get a couple of problems sorted, very nice polite people in the service department, they fixed the intermitant imobiliser problem (Car not starting) and fixed the boot trim. I realy wish I had given them my bussiness when I bought the Juke, but hey ho they will get all the servicing and any other warranty work.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My mother and father in law have just bought a QASHQAI with scrapes running horizontally across the front windscreen which can only be seen in certain light and are very distracting. They are having no luck at dealers thoughx

Fee

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Have been doing a bit of online research and it's quite possible that sudden changes in temperature (up or down) may induce small amounts of superficial cracking in glass. Also, dry wiping is often a cause of scratching on the outside.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all, my scratches were on the outside and were visible in certain lights only.
Juke 71, can you get your fingernail in the scratch?I would suggest you show them to your dealer and then contact the service centre, there is no way you could have caused it and they should know that!

Fee, your parents issue sound similar to mine...same deal, contact the service department. They are a danger as they put you off what you are doing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts