Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have placed my order but the estimated delivery is February. I paid the deposit but I wondered if anyone knew if I will have to pay the extra VAT if it comes in February?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi jutgarrett I have my juke however when I collected it I chatted with the sales at the Garage and they were honouring the price as when ordered so worth asking the dealer

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
as above really each dealer will have their own guide but i would say that if you ordered and was given february as delivery then expect to pay extra 2.5% i would say that dealers will only honour pre vat increase on cars delayed ie original delivery before Jan 01 2011 then put back

but main point would be to discuss with dealer

·
Registered
433 Posts
<div style="overflow: auto;">
hi cant speak for other dealers , but anyone with a juke on order with us
, or orders placed before 31 dec 2010 , We at holdcrofts will price
protect the deal so not worry about the vat increase
also any accessory's ordered at that time will also be price protected
.Should hope thay most dealers will be offering the same.

JOhn
Edited by: 2005holdcroft

·
Registered
433 Posts
<div ="msg" style="overflow: auto; : left;">
hi cant speak for other dealers , but anyone with a juke on order with us
, or orders placed before 31 dec 2010 , We at holdcrofts will price
protect the deal so not worry about the vat increase also any accessory's ordered at that time will also be price protected .Should hope thay most dealers will be offering the same.

JOhn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys,
Appreciate each Dealer is different & different for cars delayed past the turn of the year. However, as mine isn't expected until Feb at time of ordering, Dealer was not interested in covering VAT increase.
For the sake of completeness, the applicable VAT rate is determined by when the car is physically delivered & purchase finalised. So can only avoid the increase on cars delivered after December by talking the Dealer into covering it themselves.
Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Basically, if the car arrives and registered after Jan 4th 2011, then VAT rise will apply. This is set by the Government and so can not be avoided. Someone has to pay it so if you can get the dealer to then good for you. I was told when I placed an order at the beginning of Nov that I will have to pay the VAT. I had changed my order (originally placed Oct 29th when they were honoring the VAT, but changed the colour the following week and was told I would have to pay it).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, I had to pay, but managed to get the garage to negotiate downwards to the monthly payment I wanted. It was the difference in the end to whether I went to them or back to the previous dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We were also told by our dealer that delaying confirmation of purchase may result in the car being delivered into January and that we would then have to pay extra VAT! Maybe just a way od securing the deal but we decided to order straight away to avoid extra charge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts