Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on the Juke as next new car, test drove the diesal and loved it.
I drive 30 miles round trip daily to work, all motorway
Aiming for a diesal but dealer has suggested that should go for a petrol.
Not sure what to do now.
Going for the Acenta Premium !

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I would strongly recommend you try both on a journey as close to your usual run as you do for work
also the gearbox on petrol isnt as good as the diesel though the mpg is

·
Registered
659 Posts
Test drive both over your typical route. Both have significant drawbacks as well as being great cars.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Jayo - a huge Welcome to you

As has been suggested test drive both to be sure

theres a 5 speed gearbox in the 1.6 petrol and it revs really high....
6 speed in the diesel with fabulous torque - however fuel consumption in the town is pants.

As you do motorway driving - you may find the consumption better than most of us others as we are townies....

All the very best whateveryo decide to do..... DONT GET RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great choice of car. It is a personal choice whether you want diesel or petrol. Petrol versions seem to be getting a better return on mpg than the diesel but every car, it seems is different, so it is difficult to state that this is the norm. Good luck in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks for all your advice, we went for a Diesal in the end and sorry but husband chose the RED !! He's paying so had to keep him sweet

Delivery not until May though so ages to wait

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Jayo :)

Did you go to Wessex garage on Penarth road? That's where we bought ours. Had her for almost 3 weeks now and she's lovely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No had anbad experience with Nissan dealer in Penarth Road, went to dealer in Bridgend who was very helpful, offered me exactly what I wanted for my part exchange (1.5K more than guy did in Penarth Road!) and I managed to get plenty of extras!!

I'm a bit dubious about the MPG and diesal model after reading a few threads on this sitebut hopefully it'll all be OK.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hello jayo welcome to the forum from myself i picked up my dci acenta with sports pack and having completed my first 220 miles of thousands i travel per year what a delight and the milage at this time even though we are just starting was very encouraging having driven a 1-9 sdi volkswagon for seven years, i will keep a record of milage whilst i drive locally around the walsall area got me mr nev plate on me car so i will be easily be recognised hope your wait goes quickly for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi
Good choice in colour, i have ordered a red dci tekna and should hopefully get it end of march, i am also hoping the diesel was the right choice,i had a bmw mini and was getting 50+ i know i wont get that much from the juke but the ride should make up for it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts