Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title states has anyone stayed with diesel from previous vehicle to their juke or fancied a switch.
Personally , my last 3 cars have been diesel,mainly for the reason i could nick some diesel from work occasionally.
Just fancied a petrol again with the new juke for a change,sure i'm going to be spending more time at the fuel garages though.
I had to go for the DIG as last 2 cars have been diesel VW/Skoda with loads of torque and the last one was remapped to 180 bhp so needed similar performance..would love a drive in a diesel juke just didn't test drive one at the time to compare.
anyone done the same or vice versa.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've had a mix really... from the beginning on all the cars I've driven I've gone Diesel, Petrol, Petrol, Diesel, Diesel and now Juke is Petrol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've go for petrol but only because they dont do a diesel auto, but love the car to bits, its a bit light on the front in the snow , not like the Ford s-Max that was so good in the snow .

·
Registered
78 Posts
My last 3 cars have been diesels. 2 Golfs and theone I traded for the Juke was an Audi A3 2.0l TDI Sport. That chucked out 170 bhp with so much torque.
If there had been a diesel Jukewith a bigger engine than the 1.5 I might have considered it but I'mhappy to go back to petrol becausefrom January I will be doing a whole lot less miles than I have been doing so fuel economy isn't such a priority.
I've only had the DIG-T since last Saturday. I've done about 300 miles and simply love it. It's easily as responsive as the A3, doesn't need so much out and out torque as it's lighter and is a dream to drive.
Can't wait for the road surfaces to dry up a bitso I can really see how it performs.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I've also gone from a deisel to a petrol because the Jukes don't have a bigger engine.Not that bothered about going back to petrol.I think it'll be more economical than my old Zaffira so that'll do me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have always owned petrol models until I bought the Note Tekna diesel last year & I'm glad I have gone back to petrol. I don't really do the miles to make diesel worthwhile so financialy it makes sense.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have never owned a diesel powered vehicle and for probably silly reasons, I would never wish
to.

My age dictates that I can remember many years ago, the stink and mess diesel caused!

I know, present day cars are heaps better, and I am sure much cleaner but that "stink" is still in my nostrils and would make me think I had an industrial vehicle!!

So, yes, more trips to the petrol pumps but with a smile on my face!! 98 octane rules, Yayyyyy!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have gone from a 1.6 PETROL Qashqai to a 1.5Dci JUKE...

I have always had petrol cars up until 2008 when I switched to a diesel Qashqai (fantastic car but it was rear ended after 4 days and never ran the same)

I only changed from petrol due to my high mileage and fuel costs which were nearly £300 a month - so far in my first month of owning the JUKE my diesel costs have been £180, a fantastic saving for me

I am happy with my decision as the power from my diesel JUKE is far better in my opinion than the 1.6 Petrol Qashai.

Happy days for me and THREE CHEERS FOR THE DIESELHEADS ON THE FORUM!!!!!!

Fee

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fee whats yours doing mpg as mine is showing poor returns but in fairness i havnt hit 1000 miles yet and 95% has been short local journey's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Deks..I was getting 47.7 from my diesel until i came down here to Preston about 10 days ago to see family.
I have done about 250 miles around here mostly stuck in traffic or stopped at lights..my average has gone down to 43.7 and i reckon since ive been here i'm doing around 35mpg. so there is a major difference depending on location. there is no traffic or traffic lights around Stranraer...that's the major difference!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
35 mpg around town i presume thats around my figure so tells me mines not faulty and mpg isnt as ihigh as i would ideally like mind you their isnt many cars out their that will give me 100mpg
thanks for info it a good allorund genuine assesment

·
Registered
146 Posts
Must confess i am a little dissappointed with the around town consumption Deks..the Rover 2Lturbo diesel gave me a minimum of around 45mpg. having said that, the plus points of the Juke in comparison to the Rover 25, far outweigh the minuses!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i use a 206 1.4 hdi which sips diesel aorund 52 mpg but boy its absolute crap in every other department i would happily swap it for a juke if i could afford too

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep, i bet mate..I do kinda feel ive gone from the ridiculous to the sublime.
for one thing,its great to feel like i'm sat about a yard higher than i was in the Rover !

·
Registered
113 Posts
northendsoul! You are in my home town! I will look out for your little Juke.

Preston has a ridiculous amount of traffic lights and the unique feature of a 'ring' road that cuts straight through the town and is mostly 30mph.

Preston is just plain strange.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Hudson..well Preston was my home too till about 3 years ago, family still here so i do venture down here fairly regularly. you wont see my little Juke knocking about for a while thoughas i'm off to Tenerife tomorrow night and after that, back up the road, far fromthe madding crowd for a while.(weather permitting)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Confirmed diesel lover. Test drove the petrol Juke and it had no oomph whatsoever. My car has 6 gears for easy cruising and plenty raw low-down power. Diesel every time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My previous car was a Milano red 58 Reg Honda Civic Type R , this car was barmy & a licence loser , I toyed with the idea of getting the turbo petrol Juke but decided on the DCI. As for why- the Juke looks great and could not see the point in a fast petrol think the Juke is more acar youshould be seen in ( not going fast in ), the petrol 5 speed feltlike it needed a 6th gearbut great all the same and with the price of fuel going through the roof opted for the diesel, impressed with the torque & the 6 speed box.

·
Registered
277 Posts
my previous cars were always petrol (Daihatsu Charade, VW Beetle, Rover 214si, Toyota Aygo).......... this will be my first diesel.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The fuel was not such a deciding factor - for me it was the gearbox, love my auto's and not overly happy with the notchy feel from the test drive manual box. So petrol for me, will be better off as the 2.7 TD1 SE Terrano is not that good on return.
Got my Chassis No allocated so just waiting on delivery, happy days

1 - 20 of 54 Posts