Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Just joined the forum today. Im interested in buying a Juke and in particular the Tekna......but which one is for me??? I need your help!!
To explain, I live on a remote scottish island & on a daily basis, I do less than 10 miles of driving on pretty rough/pothole filled/single tracked roads!! In just short of 3 years I did 17000 miles of driving with my last vehicle but when on the mainland 2-3 times a month, Im on speedier roads & motorways. Soooooo.....Im looking for a Juke that has a bit of ooomph to get me up these very hilly country roads without me struggling and equally, it needs to be nippy on the mainland. I dont need a top of the range vehicle and I definitely dont need 4x4. I love the look of the Tekna. Ive read mixed reviews about the performance of the 1.6 petrol against the other specs, what do you all think in terms of my requirements vs the drive/fuel type? I'd love your opinions on what you reckon would suit me. I'm off car shopping this coming week so kinda want to hit Nissan with a little prior knowledge/heads-up. I've read that people think the 1.6 petrol needs a 6th gear....would the Turbo be better for me?
Additionally, any opinions on colour? I'm thinking white or black- I know this is down to personal choice but for all you Jukies, any practical/useful hints?!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Without doubt, I would say you want the turbo version. I admit I'm biased owning a DIG-T, but the standard 1.6 models I have had when the car has been in for servicing, and when I test drove one before buying were at best, in my opinion lack-lustre. They feel strangled, and do not have the grunt to cope with hilly roads, while the lack of a sixth gear is totally perplexing.
The turbo is quite nippy, pulls strongly, and will see of any hilly bits without a second thought. Real answer I guess is to test drive both, then you can make an informed decision!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Forget Tekna
Go Nismo its worth the extra!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts