Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called last wednesday, your car is being delivered Friday, come inn and finalize the paperwork, so i arranged to call in Saturday morning. very excited as i could see a shiney red Juke in the delivery compound. then get told by the manager that it didnt arrive :-( major sulk. so he goes in the back room and cant even get the chasis number so he can do the paperwork. starting to worry that something may have gone wrong after readingsomeother posts on the forums. they say they willtry and get a chassis number on monday but not sure i believe this means the car is actually ready for delivery :-(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinda what i was thinking, but surely they cant arrange the finance on a car that doesnt exist ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
it seems daft but you must be able to, once youve ordered nissan are commited to fulfilling your order and subsequently have to order all the correct parts to build your car(but when is the worrying question)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
They can pre- authorise your finance - a kind of credit check for finance but dont actually get the final say so till the car is physically with the dealer and all relevent numbers etc are provided...

It is a bit worrying as the dealer should be able to provide the actual chassis/vin number which should appear on the Nissan ordering system. My dealer gave me a print out of the actual order showing the vin number and my name etc and italso gave me expected delivery date (which was wrong in my case)

Fee x

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Totally agree with Fee

It's also down to dealers... Mine has two Juke,s at the mo that were ordered / been delivered and the customers were then refused finance.... They also have two demo for sale..... So if your after a juke and can't wait, I know where there are four!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dealer called today apparently my car hasnt yet passed its safety checks! so why the **** was it booked for delivery last friday. you know what, i know this is a new model etc but i am quickly losing faith in Nissan my patience may not last beyond the end of the week as the dealer has been given no idea as to when my car will be delivered and they wont release vin until it passes.
might defect to another manufacturer !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Chassis number is available as soon as build slot is booked if they wont give your dealer the chassis number I would say it hasn't been built yet or it had but has been rejected etc etc
or maybe the dealer isn't being honest .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
am seriously considering cancelling at this point, you could be right Deks, dealer could be spinning me one, oh well back to the drawing board

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hang in there tonyc66 - but I think Deks is right - another random reason for delaygiven by a dealer - must be onto volume 25 by now Deks lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was promised an update friday, they never called, so i decided today was ultimatum day. went into the dealer and basically said i was cancelling unless they could find out when its coming as everyone on these forums say if the vin number isnt released then the car isnt built or has been rejected and i wasnt prepared to wait another 3 months.
amazingly the Vin has been released and the car is booked for delivery by 7th Feb.......
we shall see

he also called everyone on here a liar and he has never heard of cars being scrapped on the production line !!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
tony. ask your dealer this if he says they never scrap a car at factory, what do you think they do with a car that got crashed on way from production line to compound or one that has serious faults, they are not going to send it out are they,
. they will scrap it and start again so if that was your car unlucky back to the end of the line for you so to speak, clearly your dealer doesn't know what he is talking about all the time. Its amasing how many dealers think they know it all when they know nothing they are salesmen end of.
ps hope yours comes thru on 7th

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Acrorat - its Evans Earnshaw, quitea big dealership.

deks, - i'm not calling anyone a liar, got to admit though that i find it bizzare that a faulty part can't be replaced, why scrap the whole car ? and who the **** do they allow to drive a car if it get crashed between the production line and the cpmpound lol

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Tony not you the dealer, I dont have any conncetion with Sunderland but I would assume if it had a faulty part it would be fixed ie window not working I doubt they would scrap a car for that. but say chassis was cracked or something major went wrong during assembly like the wiring loom was left out they would have to take the whole car apart to fit it on this basis I would say they scrapped it and started again.
In terms of crashed at factory I have heard of at least 1 JUke that was smahed before it made it to the compound and this isnt unique to Nissan this happens in all factories law of averages and a dipstick driving says it will happen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok settle down cars get scrapped all thew time it happen 2,3,4 a week thing like captive nuts being broken off inside the car cant be replaced or repaired or b post dints cant be repaired on the other hand doors get replaced wiring gets fixed oh and no c no car aint built i will bet my house on that

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got my vin - i saw it on the nissan screen myself, so nmu - wheres my new house ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
woooooo

good news - the eagle has landed at my dealer - its now so close i can alomst smell the new car smell :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts