Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ... I'm due to collect my Juke in 3 weeks, on 14thDec and just had my weekly call from the salesman to say it's still due on the 14th. I asked when they would know the chassis no and give me a reg no so I can sort insurance etc and he said normally 4-5 days before delivery. Does that sound about right from the experience of those lucky ones who have their car already?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
it can vary from garage to garage 1 week sounds about right unless you buy a private plate
garages are given a large block of registrations to choose from in advance. i suppose its up to each dealer how and when then allocate them to a car some give you the hcoice from their allottment to choose
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well my dealer has rang me today with the registration number car is due in Friday might be early he said, I have rang the insurance company they said it may take 5-7 days to get the cover note to me, fingers crossed
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Double post<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>Edited by: MrWhiskins

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It was the insurance I was thinking about, as they need that to tax the car and it normally takes a week to get your policy docs through- I thought that once the car was being built a chassis no is allocated to your order so they can then start the registration....maybe after seeing, and experiencing delays & seeing people being given 'mis information' from the dealers on datesI’m just skeptical that I will actually have the car on the 14th. Something like a reg no / them telling me they have a chassis no would be re-assuring!

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you use the free 7 day insurance from Aviva, you don't need the chassis number to arrange the insurance. Aviva then emails the insurance note straight to the dealer, so it takes under an hour!
If the dealer is allocating you the reg plate from their batch of allocated plates, they can do that as soon as they are sure that the car will be delivered on schedule.
So all this talk of the insurance holding delivery up is a red herring. Take out the 7 day Aviva insurance even if you intend changing over your own policy; it means the dealer can tax it straight away = no hold ups.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hi,we chose our reg number when weordered our juke.had a call todaydealer gotchassis number today,car due on the 30th.he did say it could beearly tho.....fingers crossed. simmo.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I got the registration plate only when I picked the car up. The dealer arranged all the 7 day cover for me so not an issue. They PDI'd the car in 1 day which probably explains why I got it lastminute.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
silverjuke said:
If you use the free 7 day insurance from Aviva, you don't need the chassis number to arrange the insurance. Aviva then emails the insurance note straight to the dealer, so it takes under an hour!

If the dealer is allocating you the reg plate from their batch of allocated plates, they can do that as soon as they are sure that the car will be delivered on schedule.

So all this talk of the insurance holding delivery up is a red herring. Take out the 7 day Aviva insurance even if you intend changing over your own policy; it means the dealer can tax it straight away = no hold ups.
Hey Silver, I read with interest about the free 7 day insurance - Not heard of that before - is that something offered by Nissan?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Most insurance companies will e-mail you your docs straight away now.
I got my registration number on Friday and e-mailed the dealer my insurance docs yesterday. Saves paper & my printer toner!
I have never been with Tesco insurance before but the premium was way below other quotes I had received.

·
Registered
754 Posts
MrWhiskins said:
Hey Silver, I read with interest about the free 7 day insurance - Not heard of that before - is that something offered by Nissan?
Your Nissan dealer should offer it. I guess Aviva do it free in the hope that you will accept the quote for a year's insurance they will give you at the same time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I used it to register my current X Trail and will do the same when my Juke arrives

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check if thats available next time they phone me! Thanks guys, learn something new everyday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts