Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about new wheels, maybe 19" but im unsure what to do. I think the main thing bugging me is that the rear wheel look in too far and could do with coming out a bit, I like the standard wheels and was thinking about using the eibach spacers (system 4) which bolt onto the standard bolts and give you new studs for the wheels. Was thinking 10/15mm spacers for the front and 20mm for the rear.just wondered what your views would be on this mod?, are they safe etc.........Edited by: gazawebb

·
Registered
4 Posts
My colleague uses them on his 350Z and they are a good piece of kit. No discernable safety issues at all as far as I am aware. The only change you may notice is a slight increase in turning circle. Edited by: B1ue52

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have made some spacer from 3MM thick plate and tried s few different things, 15mm on the rear and 10mm on the front is spot on, it looks so so much better, looks really chunky even with the standard wheels. im gonna get the spacer on order this week and will post some pics as soon as they are fitted...

·
Registered
22 Posts
That may be just what the juke needs, I was looking at mine thinking there is something not quite right with the back and I think that is it. Let me know where the spacers for the Juke are available from please.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've used spacers on classic minis for years with no discernable problems, greatly improve looks but do tend to splash dirt up the sides. Edited by: Hillman Imp

·
Registered
796 Posts
I use spacers on my Roadster and the handling was instantly better in corners. I was considering them on the Qashqai but decided not to. However, when I get my 4x4 Juki hopefully in April. I will 100% space my wheels. So Id appreciate and pics of Jukes which have already been spaced so I can have those spacers ready for when "The Intercepter" is delivered:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I agree about wheel spacers improving all car looks, but its the hassles of having to remove them when it comes to service time, as they are an easy excuse to void the warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think my local dealer would be worried about spacer being on the car, they was telling me how they are fitting large alloys on the next demo that is due in. They also said that warranty work is the best work to have and it would have to be a mega mod for them to question it....
Im ordering the eibach spacers today from elite in rainham essex, 10mm for the front s90-6-10-004 and 15 for the rear s90-4-15-026, the rears bolt straight on the car and them just bolt the wheel to the spacers - easy, but the fronts need longer studs fitted to the car for the hubcentric spacer to fit between the wheel and car. It about £220 for both kits
But it does look so much better.......

I have got to talk to dealers today anyway so i will ask the question about putting them on and the warranty...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Will be good to know what your dealer says, as wheel spacers do look good!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i've done it, i got a nice set of hubcentric wheel spacers 20mm thick for the rear, it looks so much better, the view from the back is spot on (nice and flush not sitting in). No mods to the car at all, just bolt them on. The fronts don't look that bad now, im just cutting some 5mm thick ones as i think this will be enough. will post some pics when and if it ever stops raining......

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Be good to see photos and hear how the Handling is effected

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
20 rear and just 5 on the front is correct, it was only the rears that was bugging me, i only put a little on the front because i can make them at work for free. pics to follow..........

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have now removed the front 5mm spacers, if you look at the centre hole in the alloy wheel it has a huge 7-8mm chamfer on it, this means with the 5mm spacer the wheel is not locating on the centre spigot and im not happy holding it on with just the bolts. So i have just left the 20mm on the rear, its still a great improvement and does not look out of place due to the large rear arces...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts