Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

im not sure whether this has been asked already but the law seems to come into affect with all new cars sold from FEB 2011 which mean as i dont get my car till FEB 15 that these lights will be required by law?

any info would be appreciated

Laz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I've sent Nissan GB a pm so hopefully they can clear it up for me

Laz

·
Registered
873 Posts
No, this is only for new MODELS after Feb. The Juke came out way before then (Sept 2010) so no version of it will require DRLs until they update the model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If a vehicle is homologated for sale in the UK before the legislation comes into effect, then there is no requirement for DRLs to be fitted, even after the legislation comes into force. Therefore there is no rquirement for DRLs on the Juke as it is already available. Of course there is nothing to stop Nissan or any other manufacturer from choosing to include them if they wish. The new Kia Sporatge for instance is fitted with them even though there is no legal requirement to do so.

I see no reason therefore why Nissan would wish to include something that will cost them extra if there is no requirement ... now the Hyundai Curb would have them

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
As already said the Juke in its current guise does not and will not be legaaly required to have DRL's fitted

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great thanks for the info guys :D

Laz

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm assuming that everyone who picked theirs up today were without DRL's?

I've read conflicting reports on whether it's the design date or manufacture date that counts, after all.

I think for them to work on Jukes, they would have to be incorporated into one of the existing sets of lights though; four sets of lights (top, main, fog lamps and DRL's) might be overkill(?)

·
Registered
175 Posts
UK Jukes do not and will not have DTRL introduced on the existing model.

The reg. is for 'new models' after Feb '10 (I think), not 'new registrations'

Juke was homolgated before the regs. came into force so there is no legal requirement, except in specific LHD markets that have a unique requirement (and those cars already have them)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.