Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the dashboard, on the passenger side between the Airbag cover and the window, there is a smaller panel, with an indentation and a circle that looks like it should slide. Does anyone know what it is for as I cannot find anything in the manual?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I haven't actually checked out what it is I've assumed its to turn off the air bag for when you have a child seat in the front. May be completely wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi. I believe it's the sensor for the auto window wipers and lights. I am sure I read it in the manual and your not supposed to cover this sensor. hope this is of help.

Cheers
Andrea

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's present on my Acenta, which doesn't have auto wipers or lights. Guess they just use standard bits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As the Juke Of Bedfordshire suggested, it sounds like you are describing the sun load sensor for the climate control system.The auto wiper/lights sensor is usually stuck to the windscreen just below the interior mirror as it uses refracted light measurement for the wiper operation.

·
Registered
452 Posts
JukeofBedfordshire said:
I believe it's the sensor for the interior temperature, used by the 'auto' climate control function.
Juke of Bedfordshire, I lived in Bedford for some 20 years before emigrating to some sunshine!Shakespeare Road, well the front door was in Warwick Avenue.I miss the fish & chips from the chippy in thebus station. Lovely and greasy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts