Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner ordered a dig-t 4x4 back on 15th January with delivery estimated by the dealer as mid may,( although it said 1st june on the form) this was done using a friends and family discount code so was at a really good price.

Her current vehicle is going to go back to vauxhall at the end of march as its on a PCP and its simply not worth keeping it. This wasnt going to cause a problem for us as I have 2 cars, a scirocco and a vx220 (pride and joy summer dry use only) and i was happy for her to use one of my cars when necessary for the 6 to 8 weeks until the juke arrived.

However since placing the order we have had no contact from the dealer so when i knew my parents were visiting the dealers today i asked them to enquire as to the orders status. Although our salesman was off another member of staff told them the delivery date had bow moved to 18th August! so getting on for three months after we anticipated the arrival of the vehicle. They also enquired re the well publicised nissan loan car offer for delayed orders and were told that as we had used friends/family discount then we would not qualify!!

So here is the dilemma!

Is the dealer right in saying we wont qualify for a loan car?

If we were to cancel the juke due to the extended delay would we get our deposit back?

Is the delivery date likely to move forward again?

My partner is now peed off as she has been looking forward to the new car and I am peed off as it means due to nissans delays my cars look likely to get more of a hammering than anticipated. The vx220 while great for summer days is no good in the rain or when oscar our labrador need to be transported!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,319 Posts
All I can suggest is to contact Nissan Customer service re the loan car
it has been said before that if you get a friends and fanily deal it wipes out any offers
but without asking I wouldnt like to say if thats set in stone
deposit would be something to argue about the right thing given delivery has been put back would be to return the deposit
as I say talk to NCS get above the initial muppets at the bottom and you will get some help and it may go in your favour, Nissan does try to do best by customer though it doesnt always seem that way.
Also Nissan motors GB ltd are members on the forum and is monitored by high up staff from NCS so maybe a pm to them might help
good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
The only thing what i can say is that the juke awd is fantastic, but i understand al your problems with the delay... its obvious that you and your misses are going to make tough decisions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
You probably dont want me to say it but...I have heard people who have ordered AWD can expect delays of up to 6months what with the goings on in Japan. Not seen it verified though.
That said I would expect with a delay like that, should you cancel, you can expect your deposit back.I know i would!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Hi,I agree with Deks, pm Nissan on here. Helen was our contact & shewas very helpful to us. Im not surprised you have an August date though, we ordered on 23 Oct & after changes,our date is nowMay. It was the 20th, which came down to the 10th, then 5th. But with the troubles in Japan I cannot believe our date wont be put back again. If only for the fact that the plant making them is shut & will be for 2 weeks if they open when they say they will. (not whinging just fact, their plight is far worse than mine justwaiting for a car)Give Nissan a message, but pm them, dont just post on their comment page, it may not get picked up.Good luck!
Edited by: sallyspud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will get the lady to speak to dealer tomorrow, if no joy will email nissan gb. She loves the juke but if its going to be another 6 months she could switch back to her original preference the volvo c30 (more tempting now the volvo prices have been realigned)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
If there is an excessive delay due to the problems in Japan then, hopefully, if you decide to cancel Nissan will be sympathetic and refund your deposit in these exceptional circumstances. Nobody could have forseen the terrible circumstances that have caused the Japanese plant to shut down production when you placed your order. It is such a shame for you as Juke is worth waiting for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I say supportJapanese industry,stick with the Juke, and curseGod for inconveniencing you with earthquakes, tsunamis,
nuclear radiation
, and being generallygod damnuseless.


A 3 month delayain't so bad when one puts it into perspective. It's not like your house has been washed outinto the North Sea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Otaku said:
I say supportJapanese industry,stick with the Juke, and curseGod for inconveniencing you with earthquakes, tsunamis,
nuclear radiation
, and being generallygod damnuseless.


A 3 month delayain't so bad when one puts it into perspective. It's not like your house has been washed outinto the North Sea.


but it is probelmatic when you both work shifts at different locations20 miles away from home, are unable to use public transport due to finishing/starting times and have overlapping shifts so the use of 1 shared car between us is impossible. The vx220 is only insured for 5000 miles a year as a toy really so to use that for 5 months would put it over the agreed mileage and to be honest it wouldnt be comfortable on such journeys and is certainly not practical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,319 Posts
If you get no joy with dealer or NCS and really want to wait for the car what about buying a cheapy for about £1k using it then selling it on again it should still be worth that sort of money and if you buy it cheap may even make a profit this is just an idea I am offering obviously first thing is to see what dealer and Nissan are offering
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Mt dealer was offering me the use of a trade in if my Juke was delayed beyond the time I was due to sell my Terrano. Might be worth asking him if he can help. Even if you offer to purchase a trade in and agree to sell it back to him after at even money ish.
12inch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well rang the dealer at lunchtime "somebody will call you back" it was emphasised that they have failed to return calls in the past. End result, no call back at all. If nothing heard by tomorrow afternoon direct to nissan we will go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well dealer eventually called back, turns out the salesman we were dealing with has been sacked so thats why he has not been in contact. My partner explored the options with him and he is going to get back to us with whether or not we can have a courtesy car, anothe roption is for the order to be changed to a normal petrol juke (tekna) which he recons he could get holf of in a couple of weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Morning, I think you should pay your dealer a visit. They can't ignore you when you're standing I'n front of them, especially if there are loads of other potential customers I'n there!
Go for it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Insanojackson,

I had a very similar situatuation when ordering my DIG-T CVT. The dealers said because i had such a big discount (shopped around all over the net and then got the dealer to prcie match) that i was not entitled to the laon car. Basically i kicked off, went in and demanded to see the Dealer Principle and poitned out to him that the loan car deal is by Nissan and not the dealer franchise and it states that if you have to wait for 3 months for your Nissan you will get a free loan car.

With a bit of a discussion he agreed and within 5 days a brand new micra had arrived for me to drive fully insured until my Juke is delivered.

My advice would be to read the info on the loan deal and then go in fully prepped to see the DP, remember to stay professional. Quote the facts e.g salesman sacked, dealership continues to never return calls etc etc

I bet within a week you will have your Micra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well it was the DP my partner spoke to on sat, he recons nissan charge the dealer £250 a month to provide a loan car so thats why were not getting one. She explored the option of changing the order to a 1.6 tekna instead and dealer said he could get one much sooner and provide a loan car if we changed the order?????? he said he couldnt check the order system on sat but would on sunday and would call us. Did he call?? NO.

Seems to me they are not interested in the slightest once they have a deposit.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top