Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..obviously all being new or future juke owners..did anyone look at any other brand when looking for that new car.
I was torn between the juke and a new skoda fabia VRS,happy with my purchase so no regretsanyone else have a hard decision to make?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
was looking at Yeti, Kuga, Quasqai , but went for smaller cheaper option in the end and by far the best looking, it was its looks that made us decide we had to have a new car if the Juke hadnt been about i reckon we would still not have purchased a new car

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wanted the QQ initially but 6 month waiting times no good, glad I never now love the Juke, however I would of got Hyundai IX 35 but another long list, or Skoda Yeti but the missus says they are ugly as sin.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If I'd not seen the Juke, I wouldn't have brought a new car. Saw it, sat in it, had to have it. Normally I'm VW/Audi through and through and always regret it when I buy another brand. This'll be the first time I haven't regretted changing loyalty

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had a 2wd QQ 1.5dCi, needed a AWD. Test drove a Jeep Patriot (nice vw 2.0 Diesel), quite liked it. Sat in a Hyundai ix35, thought it was a bit plasticky. I suggested the Skoda Yeti, but was quickly vetoed due to "brand image". Decided on a Juke, then told about the wait, so waivered and was quite happy to buy a AWD QQ. Test drove the AWD version of the Juke, loved it, found a dealer that could get one in less than 3 weeks, boughit, got it, very happy with it!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
brnad image on the Skoda this is an old skool vision that people need to get over 90% of the car is VW cusotmer servie is second to none, relaibility is excellent value for money great.
the only reason i chose the Juke over Yeti was it looks far better was cheaper and running costs tax/fuel are less otherwise i would have had a Yeti

·
Registered
199 Posts
deks36 said:
brnad image on the Skoda this is an old skool vision that people need to get over 90% of the car is VW  cusotmer servie is second to none, relaibility is excellent  value for money great.the only reason i chose the Juke over Yeti was it looks far better  was cheaper and running costs tax/fuel are less otherwise i would have had a Yeti
Yep price and my missus is the only reason I never got the Yeti, not regretting it though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Deks, I agree with you. We've been to Prague a few times, and usually get a Skoda Superb as a taxi, they are fantastic! I will keep trying to break her down, as I fancy the Fabia vrs as a replacement for out Note in a few years time!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
davethecardboardbox said:
Deks, I agree with you. We've been to Prague a few times, and usually get a Skoda Superb as a taxi, they are fantastic! I will keep trying to break her down, as I fancy the Fabia vrs as a replacement for out Note in a few years time!
I go to Prague a lot been going since 1990 and have many close friends their, i also had a new superb 2 years ago it was the best car i have ever owned fully loaded and cost less than £18k wish I had kept it but was no longer needed at the time and wife wouldn't drive it as it was too big for her

·
Registered
16 Posts
i came from a honda crv, was not thinking of changing as honda is the best car i ever owned for reliability and running costs (£500 in 3 yrs)

saw the juke n had too have it. did consider the mini cooper at same price but payments were double what im paying now.

Plus minis are sooo common.

had mine 2 weeks and not seen one other on road since.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I had actually placed an order for a white Golf 1.6 Tdi MATCH which was a helluva lot more expensive than the JUKE.

I cancelled the order as soon as I has seen the JUKE as I couldn't face driving a boring (albeit reliable) car.... Dealer wasnt happy but who cares - I have no regrets

Incidentally - took the car to a contactless car wash today and the chap started laughing and said my wee car was the UGLIEST he had ever seen...

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
I
Incidentally - took the car to a contactless car wash today and the chap started laughing and said my wee car was the UGLIEST he had ever seen...
hope you told him where to stick his car wash

name and shame we'll all go and sort him out

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My husband just sat and laughed as I gave the chap a hard time!! And yes I did, dont you worry.
If only he had seen his own face.....

Jealousy is a terrible thing.......

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
Juke or nothing. I wasn't even considering changing but I'd seen a Rogue in Canada and then the Juke just 'appeared' and it was lust at 1st sight!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Considered Audi A1 but 3 doors
Mini Cooper -too common
Hyundia I35 - dealer was rude and would not do a deal on the car - its a Hyundai not a Bentley
Fiesta Titanium - close but not fun
Mitubishi ASX - great car, close run to the Juke but residuals look awful!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
deks36 said:
brnad image on the Skoda this is an old skool vision that people need to get over 90% of the car is VW cusotmer servie is second to none, relaibility is excellent value for money great.
the only reason i chose the Juke over Yeti was it looks far better was cheaper and running costs tax/fuel are less otherwise i would have had a Yeti
I'm sorry, but a Skoda isn't a VW, the same as a Seat isn't. VW are built in Wolfsburg, apart from the dreadful Fox which is built in Brazil and the Beetle which is Mexican. VW supply Skoda and Seat with the parts, but they are often older parts/engines. They are then tuned by Skoda/Seat for their own cars and markets. Interiors and build quality are nowhere near what you get from VW/Audi, hence they are cheaper brands. You get what you pay for. If you want an A4, buy one, you can't get a Superb and pretend it's the same apart from the badge, though Skoda dealers would love you to believe it

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
realy eh, funny how my Seat Leon had an AUDi A4 dash in it, MY superb 2008 model every part apart from the body was VW I never said it was like being in an AUDI but then it is £4k less and far roomier than aan A4 or Passat for that and just for reference the most troublesome car i ever had was a VW golf YES skoda is a much cheaper brand than VW but its far better than it was 10 years ago and yes it has further to get and some models just shouldn't exist but it certainly isnt the bucket you are making it too beand moreover if VW are so great why did you buy a Nissan
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
97 Posts
I looked at the ford kuga and the S max both very good cars pity the sales man was such an arse or i might have brought the ford before I looked at the juke im still waiting for the juke 10 days and counting should be mind you the sales man at Nissan didn't have to sell me the juke he just let me drive it I was hooked straight away the thing is i don't know why and cant explain why

1 - 20 of 58 Posts