Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what they got up to at MPH show Birmingham at the weekend:

A red Juke looking down on a plinth outside the venue (Hall 5 NEC) :

And a 3 car Nissan stand inside:

GTR, 370z and Juke on display

A Sunderland built Black and red juke,

Poor car - hundreds of people will have poked and prodded aboutin this car each day of the show ! Chassis Number ends 00212

Nissan were one of the sponsors of the show,
Clarkson,Hammond and May made sure theydidnt say anything bad about Nissan cars

and a good time was had by all.

Thank you Nissan, we enjoyed the show.
It was a chance to see how Nissan spend some of their promotions/marketing budget!

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Thanks Kevin...

One thing really concerned me though, its put me off my dinner..... Jeremy Clarkson..

Pity Nissan cant spend the same amount of dosh on their customer services budget....

·
Registered
113 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Pity Nissan cant spend the same amount of dosh on their customer services budget....

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Thanks for the pics :)

What did you think of the rest of the show? We went for a couple of years running but didnt go this year, found it all very much the same so thought we'd have a year or two off.

I'm not into classics that much but I found that hall much more interesting carsthan the performance bit!

oh I'm a big fan of Clarksons too and passed him a few times in and out of the Hilton nearby!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never been to MPH before - it wasnt a very big show - I only went this yearas the ticketswere free.

Nissan may be a bit hopeless at customer relations and communicationssometimes, but some of their agentsseem to have been very kind to mesinceI went totheNissan Sunderland fatcory back in August- these 2 tickets would have cost over £40 each.

I heard a few moans from people who had paid for their MPH tickets that it wasnt very big, and was very similar to the previous year's show.

The Classic Car Show we thought was EXCELLENT and H-U-G-E! and several times bigger than MPH show.[/b]

Although not really into classic cars, there was such a variety of cars it was hard not to be impressed, so the Classic Car Show was the highlight for me!
I honestly didn't know there was such a large classic car show in the UK.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh - i love the Capri

My brother offered me his black John Player Special edition Capri with personal reg plate when I first passed my test. He said if I found an insurer, he would give me it for nothing....

Sadly no-one would insure me so I had to decline his offer
.... Brings back memories.....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like an amazing day. Was looking at going then didn't get round to it. On my list next year after those photos

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is possible that iamdabe was sent tickets free too, so he might havetaken some pro-quality photos.

I have sent a few of my amateur snaps to Nissan Japan as requested. I am trying to butter them up to let me have a shufty round the factory in Japan where they make the Juke 4x4.

As well as the Nissan stand, the upmarket Nissan brand INFINITI was represented at MPH by Birmingham Infiniti. They had a simple but effective 4-car stand showing off their products

Other stands had eye candy, giveaways, games and so on,
Nissanhad made an effort, buttheir standwasnt outstanding in any way:

Citroen, Infiniti, Abarth, Alfa Romeo etc seem to have made a better job of displaying their products& making their stand attractive

This is what Nissan should have done IMO -
theracingbug.co.uk
they make theradio controlled modelslook like anyvehicle for their client (in this case Abarth500s)and it packs in the punters, there was a crowd round this stand all the time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts