Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
It says 40.1 mpg on the trip computer which is from 500 miles of mainly town and in eco mode so I bet i'm getting mid to high thirties.

Fee makes an interesting point though. The difference in mpg between 60mph and 70mph is significant I think. It does seem torev quite high at 70mph.

I need to fill up tomorrow so I will do a proper calculation then.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
40mpg sounds good for a petrol, Wombat. Is your petrol?
And people do seem to be wishing there was a 6th gear.
I have absolutely NO complaints on the diesel gearing. Terrific.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Around 50mpg would suit me fine, badname. Sticking round the 42 but I need a trip that isn't just my normal pottering about. Likely to get stuck in fierce M5/M6 rubbish on Tuesday rush-hour. Oh, well.....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya chaps

Sadly its back to work and the commute tomorrow in nose to tail/mostly stop start for me.

I expect to get much much less than 59 mpg on that daily grind...

Fee x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hope to get better than 32mpg I'm currently getting with my current car.

I've gone for the dci Juke so should get around 40+ mpg and only have to tank up every other week.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
John, that's good. I need to up my mpg. 42 just doesn't cut it in this company.

·
Registered
575 Posts
jayannlay said:
John, that's good. I need to up my mpg. 42 just doesn't cut it in this company.
You're just driving it properly

·
Registered
89 Posts
jayannlay, yeah it's a petrol. Everyone keeps telling me that it's good figure for round town but I want more

Doing a 80 mile round trip on the motorway on tuesday so hoping to get some interesting figures.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I don't believe the on board computer one bit, I used to have a MINI and that used to be ECONOMICAL with the truth but the Juke takes the micky.

I've worked out the mpg using a good old calculator and for a 230 mile tank the figures are as follows. 20% motorway 80% town.

31.68 MPG
11.21 Km per litre
8.9 litre per 100Km

The onboard computer was reading 35.5mpg for the same trip some 4mpg different. I remember when 1 or 2 mpg was annoying, but 11% error margin is a bit of a

And the low fuel warning light is ridiculous! we purposefully left it till we had no bars and a '-- range' expecting to go to the petrol station and get near 50ltrs in... only managed to squeeze 38lts in so still a 1/4 of a tank left, guess we all have to be nannied now days don't we.

Our Juke has done 2100 miles now, It's got some annoying rattles but overall we love it! especially when people come up to us and ask 'Is that the new Juke' ;)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just a quick note for dabe tank on all models except DIG 4wd is 46 litres only the 4wd has a bigger tank and thats 50 litres

·
Registered
89 Posts
Right then. Off on a long trip tommorrow so filled up Jim Bob. Using one of those online calculators it says on my last tank I was getting 38.74mpg. Thats over 245miles, 200 of which was around town in eco and the rest motorway in eco.

Have reset all the clocks for this full tank so can get a good reading next time. Car has done around 530 miles overall, 1.6 5 gear.

Hope this helps anyone

·
Registered
89 Posts
iamdabe - i'm sure I read in the manual somewhere that the tank holds an "emergency" 40 miles in it. Or something along those line.I guess that might be where the petrol dial and actual fuel going in could be different. Still, I would not expect it to be as much as that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The tank seems small. I used to put over £50 in my Polo. This takes a lot less. OK, I'm going to do my own maths and check the onboard computer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
FriendlyWombat said:
iamdabe - i'm sure I read in the manual somewhere that the tank holds an "emergency" 40 miles in it. Or something along those line.I guess that might be where the petrol dial and actual fuel going in could be different. Still, I would not expect it to be as much as that.
I might be miles out, but the wife's old Bora used to have an emergency tank. If the main tank ran out, it ran on the emergency for upto 40 miles. Never quite understood the point of it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you guys are checking actual fuel consumption against the meter display, then I suggest you do a fair number of miles (multiple tank refills)and a 'controlled' check of the acual.. The indicated consumption will give a much more consistent reading over a longer period rather than a 'spot check'
I checked my diesel over 2,000 miles and the actual was within 0.4 mpg of the indicated..

I found out that if you only do it tank by tank then there can be lots of reasons that the results don't tally... temp of the fuel, outside temp when filled (it's a plastic tank with a large surface area that expands/contracts with temp and this can make the actual capacity vary bymore than you'd think), but most of all it's difficult to ensure that you refill the tank to exactly the same level as when you started..
If you rely on the filling station pump cut off then you'll never get a good corrolation. The best way to fill it is to make sure that you can actually see the fuel in the filler neck (I fill mine as high as I can without overfillling the actual neck, you have to fill it very slowly at the endandwait for allthe air to come out so it can take a while - so don't do it with a queue of cars behind!!) - and make sure it's exactly the same level at start and refill... try to do your final fill on a day with the same temp as the day you started.. And of course, make sure the car is on level ground when filling ! I tend to use the same filling station and same pump on initial and final fill to avoid any errors..

Of course, you don't need to fill the tank to max on every fill, just the 1st and the last, and just record the litres added on the in-between tank fills..

Final point, don't forget to reset the average mpg on the meter (and don't touch it again..) and note the mileage before starting !

I know all this sound like I've got OCD (maybe I have!) - but I am an engineer !!!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts