Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done less than 200 miles and I'm getting 42.3 from my diesel doing eco-driving. I'm looking to increase that.

What kind of driving are you doing and what mpg?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
rumour has it eco mode doesnt help in diesel the modes just tighten up the steering although it does help with the climate they say
done 130 miles around town school run etc computer says i am averaging 32 mpg but tbh i wont even bother working it out until its done about 1000 miles then it will all be bedded in and loosened up nicely

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine feels sweet already. I'll have to compare the Sport mode at some point but will persevere with Eco for a bit. Interesting point there, deks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
getting about 26mpg out of mine. But these are US gallons per mile and for some reason a US gallon is smaller than a UK one. The US gallon is 83.25% of the British gallon so in UK mpg that is err 32 mpg ish I think.
Driving in ECO mode for the most part but traffic here in Northern Virginia (just outside Washington DC) is horrid so spend a lot of time just sat there burning fuel and not moving.
</font>

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never knew that about gallons. I feel I should have been told!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
And you pay virtually nothing for your gas

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
And you pay virtually nothing for your gas
dont get an american started on the price of gas lots of people in the US have been going made at the price of petrol over their

·
Registered
575 Posts
I went to the Deep South in May and was paying well under $3 a gallon. The 4x4 I hired was getting 20 to the gallon at best and I didn't care!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm driving in sport mode all the time and getting 40mpg ( have done nearly 3,000 miles). I don't get any noticeable difference in normal or Eco mode which is fine by me as sport is a better drive!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I moved here to the US from the UK 7 years ago. When I got here gas was $1.60 a gallon..its now just under $3 a gallon (keep in mind its a US gallon not a UK gallon). A few years ago it got up to nearly $4 a gallon and people were going ape.

Cheap gas changes a culture so much. In the UK the cost of gas has to be taken into account day a day trip. So in the UK its the cost of the tickets to get in at say Alton Towers, food and gas. Here it would just be the cost of the tickets that you think about it.

Mind you driving here and the distances involved is vastly different. When I lived in England near Peterborough I would never have gone to Manchester for the day. Would have taken too long and cost too much. Here I have gone to Bush Gardens, about a 4 hour drive, spent a couple of hours there and driven back and not thought anything of it.

Next year I am going to Florida for a week and there are people who not only suggest I drive there (about 24 hours on the road)but have actually done it for a long weekend. Ive not yet become American enough to seriously consider that one though !

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

I reset the MPG today and I got:

34 MPG urban driving (stop/start)
67MPG on the 7 mile motorway trip home (60MPH )
Oh - has anyone noticed how insignificant the low fuel warning light is? - no beeping at all - just a flash on the dash!!! - Warning light came on at 51 MILES TO GO

Fee x

Ps - travelled 160 mile round journey Glasgow to Fife and back 80% motorway 20% country/ B roads in Normal mode and averaged 59MPG. (no faster than 65 MPH)
. we are delighted with that
Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wasnt impressed with the low fuel warning light yesterday. It went from an estimated 40+ miles left, to almost zero when I'd only driven 16 miles.
I'm sure there was at least a gallon left in the tank too.

The qq was way more accurate than that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The info on the onboard computer is fairly insignificant and not especially clear. Still doing about 42 overall so that looks like the average for all conditions. I better experiment with sport/eco drive but I suspect I'm naturally light-footed so I don't put my foot down much anyway.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got the flashing petrol empty light, supposedly 25 miles to go.
Filled up to the top and it took only 33 litres. If the tank is 50 litres capacity, that means there was a third of the tank left.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m averaging 37 mpg at the moment in sport mode and this is a 3mpg increase on the return I was getting from my 1.8 Focus for the some route to and from work ect. Tried to drive in Eco mode but it scared me, no power to get out of junctions onto busy roads.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fee claims 59mpg. There's a target for me. That IS good!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts