Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new here (I'm gettingmy Jukenext week).
It will be 1.6 with 5 gears manual tranny.
Before I ordered it, I had tried the 1.6 Turbo 4x4 with CVT and 1.6 (117 HP) with manual tranny...
I have to say that I really wasn't impressed with the CVT (it wasfeeling all the time like it was in the wrong gear...).
I was also advised that if I decide for the 117 HP engine, the CVT would be even worse...
I made my choice to the 5 gears manual...
The dealer also told me that the CVT cannot even be ordered now...
From one side, I have the info that it is cause of the Japan crisis (Nuclear plant disaster) and from the other side I hear that they are actually improving the CVT (from my point of view, it really needs to be improved!)

So, what is the true?
And yes, why doesn't the 1.6 petrol engine come with the 6 gear manual tranny, like the diesel one comes. And I guess that the Turbo engine also comes with the6 gears manual, right?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
HiyaTHere have been issues with the CVT gearbox since late last year.Apparantly there was an issue with demand outstripping supply of the CVT boxes and UK CVTs were, allegedly, being redirected to the US and Japanese Markets where demand was through the roof.This made our waiting lists exceptionally long. Incidentally this included the Qashqai too - they closed all CVT orders too. I think its simply because they cant cope with the demand and suppliers cant keep up. That was last I heard - if anyone has any up to date info - Speak now or forever hold your peace....The Japanese tsunami issue probably has made the situation worse but they cant be held accountable for that..And I couldnt agree more - the 1.6 really does need 6 gears - the 5 speed is totally hopeless.Fee x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skyway said:
I have the 1.6 petrol 117 Bhp model and I find the car and gear box brilliant.
You have the manual or the CVT?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I order cars through my job and what we were told as of February this year was that a fault had been discovered in the CVT Automatic Gearboxes, again though we took this at face value and cant say whether that indeed was true or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi!I got my black acenta FWD 117bhpCVTon march 18th, done around 4000 km so far and i love it.i did have to get used to driving the CVT and i think its abrilliant gearbox once u get the feel for it.No problems whatsoever and i hope that it stays that way. would recomend it! i drove the 5 speed manual and it needs another gear. good luck with yours!simon

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
david17021982 said:
I order cars through my job and what we were told as of February this year was that a fault had been discovered in the CVT Automatic Gearboxes, again though we took this at face value and cant say whether that indeed was true or not.
I think someone was spinning you with that story, as of yet I have heard of not 1 issue with CVT gearbox, orders were suspended due to demand outstripping supply, Nissan were also in the process of changing supplier aswell which didnt help remember the cvt box goes in other Nissan models and I suspect a fair few other brands aswell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got my CVT one month ago and alreadypassed the 2000 mile mark. As Simonlimon says, it took a little while to get used to the auto gear change having spent years drivng manuals but I love it - and the fuel consumption - much more efficient than expected

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was told by 3 separate dealers at the Beginning of Feb that Auto box would mean a long wait, as did broadspeed.com, by the time I placed my second order (1st one the Dealer mis-represented themselves and I then bought from the best, Holdcroft) on February 28th to avoid the price increase, I was informed they could not take any orders for CVT cars at all. So I got a DiG-T Tekna, Manual 6 forward 1 backin Haptic Blue (or is it green or purple) delivered 20th April.I am involved with the ordering of cars at my work and 8 - 10 weeks is normal for most cars, (6 months was the longest for an A6 Diesel Auto in 2004).
I can only imagine that as the CVT is made in Japan the whole disaster can't of helped, those pictures of containers in the port just strewn about and water logged, I would wager at least one had CVT boxes in them.
I have to say though that CVT boxes are not my cup of tea at all they seem to rev like mad but you don't seem to move and MPG really sucks if you press hard. I have yet to drive a good one imo, even the Lexus RX350h we have at work always seems to need to be pushed hard and you always seem to be waiting for the effect that plonking the right boot down in a manual does in an instant.
Edited by: Benzyl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts