Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coz I've had my car 8 months now and I am coming to realise there's no point in 5th.

4th to 6th or 6th to 4th.

5th is pointless. What does this mean?

·
Registered
998 Posts
It's just to promote 5th Gear rather than Top Gear, seems not many people on here appreciate Mr Clarkson's clan. Tc

·
Registered
555 Posts
Women drivers !Clutch going here ?Or do you have a limp wrist
Idle driver.Going to set off in second - bugger 1st

PUNCH COMING MY WAY

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it that snout (what a
) hasn't maybe passed his test yet....

Ha!

Seriously though - the ratios or whatever it is that dictates this stuff mean that 5th just isn't useful. You don't need it to accelerate. It doesn't add anything! Essentially 5th could just be 6th. Or maybe I mean 6th could be 5th.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
if you drive by ear you can actually drive without using the clutch (except for reverse)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
frenchFries said:
if you drive by ear you can actually drive without using the clutch (except for reverse)
Frenchfries, the only reason you drive by ear is because you've got yourhead down there looking up at that missing carpet above the pedals.

·
Registered
555 Posts
jayannlay said:
I take it that snout (what a
) hasn't maybe passed his test yet....

Ha!

Seriously though - the ratios or whatever it is that dictates this stuff mean that 5th just isn't useful. You don't need it to accelerate. It doesn't add anything! Essentially 5th could just be 6th. Or maybe I mean 6th could be 5th.....
Well 5thok for me - alot of motorway driving - would not like to be in 4th all the time , my fuel bill would double ESPECIALLY DRIVING TO REDDITCH EVERY NIGHT !I Work their and just noticed you live their - looking out for ya and a wave

·
Registered
233 Posts
I loved the diesel drive and power, and the 6th gear (had it for over a month.) Just got back my Petrol 1.6 car tonightfor the next week or so and don't like it. I supose it will take a day or so to get used to it again.
I think I have spoilt with the DCI.

·
Registered
434 Posts
marmajuke said:
I loved the diesel drive and power, and the 6th gear ( had it for over a month.)  Just got back my Petrol 1.6 car tonight for the next week or so and don't like it.   I supose it will take a day or so to get used to it again.
The only reason people get a Diesel car are for one reason ONLY for better Fuel consumption and no other reason and for this engine it just dosnt work!Edited by: Skyway

·
Registered
233 Posts
Skyway - I loved driving the diesel, it was soooo poweful compared to the petrol. The gearbox was a lot better to change gears. I find the petrol hardwork in 1st and 2nd.
The roar from the engine always got people looking. hehe!!
As for fuel consumption, £45 full tank and did almost 400 miles. Thats a lot better than what I was getting in thepetrol..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Skyway said:
marmajuke said:
I loved the diesel drive and power, and the 6th gear ( had it for over a month.)  Just got back my Petrol 1.6 car tonight for the next week or so and don't like it.   I supose it will take a day or so to get used to it again.
The only reason people get a Diesel car are for one reason ONLY for better Fuel consumption and no other reason and for this engine it just dosnt work!
Skyway you are right to say people buy diesels for there fuel mpg,I presume you have driven the JUKE DCI to make a comment saying the engine does not work ?????

·
Registered
555 Posts
Skyway said:
Ov course when I decided to buy a Juke!

But it woke everybody up in the morning thinking that a tractor was going down the road!
haha

Good old days yes !
Can you remember the hillman imp - God that thing was loud ! you knew one was around when it was 2 miles away. I think that ran on chip fat.

Yup my 5thin petrol isOKfor me. In fact it also pretty good around town without the lag of other cars ive had before in 5th.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
5th has a very low torque.

I think it's great, once there I can stay in fifth and unless challenged can stay in fifth, where in other cars I've had to change down

Lj

·
Registered
873 Posts
Low torque would suggest you WOULD have to change down when needing a bit of extra speed!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Not on about changing down for extra speed, that why I said unless challenged!!!

Low torque meaning that down too 15 mph I can still stay in fifth instead of changing down

1 - 20 of 61 Posts