Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the Juke forum andI was wondering if anyone can help me understand whats going on with myJuke order.
I orderedthe 4WD version, 1.6DiG.T Tekna CVT, on the 29th October. Silver with Black Leather. The dealer suggested that the end of the year or early Jan was likely for delivery. Nearly six weeks later and I still haven'tgot a delivery date with it just showing as back order. Spoke to dealer today who reckons is not likely to be untill April. I did ask him if it was because of the CVT boxes but he said it was due to high demand. I still don't understand why a delivery date hasn't been given though. Looks to me as they don't even know when it's going to be built.

Anyone else having the same problem and should I just cancel? I ordered this car because this is the 4th year in a row we've had heavy snow and who needs a 4WD in the summer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum, its unlikely you will see you car anytime soon their are seriously long delays with all cvt models and even longer for the 4wd ones Nissan cannot keep up with the orders for these added to that the cvt box goes in other models and the gearbox supplier to cannot meet demand, I too agree with your dealer and reckon April is a more likely delivery date given that you have no current delivery date

·
Registered
10 Posts
My advice is be patient. I ordered my 4WD Juke on 24th July and was advised of a 24th September delivery. Subsequently the date moved out to January then brought forward to December, then back out to January. As it transpired itwas deliveredon 26th November. I also contemplated withdrawing my order but I'm very pleased I endured the wait. The car has performed terrifically well in blizards, I live in a rural location at the bottom of a very steep hill. In my 2WD days I used to fret about icy conditions, but the JUKE has eradicated all those fears. I can honestly sayif you drive it with all the same due care attention you would in a 2WD you can get anywhere safely.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Back order simply means that the build slot for your car has not yet been confirmed at the factory. It is in the list to be allocated a build date, as they can only plan builds so far ahead, So as soon as the build slot has been confirmed for your car the dealer will have a date to tell you.

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi,
Im waiting a 4wd version cvt too. We were originally told it was Jan next year, then March. When we pushed for a firm proper date he said it was on back order. We pushed our dealer for a date & said everyone on the forum had proper dates. He spoke to NCS & they told him it wa 20thMay next year. We ordered in Oct. He said it wa due to the demand & they couldnt get the CVT boxes quick enough. He said the date should be the latest & is confident we may get it in April or late March. But im not holding my breath really.

All I can advise is push your dealer for a date & keep on top of him, ask for regular updates. They wont contact you unless you push, is what ive learned so far.

My journey continues! lol!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just out of interest - you're getting a 4x4 for the snow, but its an auto and autos are useless in the snow?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting the 4x4 for the snow was one reason but not the only. ok then so if 4x4 autos are useless in the snow how come you can only getthe 4x4 in auto. what would be the point if it was so useless. Used to own a murano which was auto and that was great in snow.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
Just out of interest - you're getting a 4x4 for the snow, but its an auto and autos are useless in the snow?
how comes a large% of range rovers are auto then
i think it has more to do with how you drive it

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
chris78 said:
Have to disagree to the generalisation of your comment Chris, I currently drive a 4x4 Terrano 2.7 TDi SE Auto and previously a 4x4 Pajero 2.5 Auto. Both diesel and both perform admirably in any snow conditions I have encountered. (2 - 16 inches) As commented on in other posts it is very much driving style, regardless of vehicle, which tips the balance.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry guys, was a bit of a generalisation
However, what you guys are talking about are "proper" 4x4s. A Rangey has a variety of settings for different conditions and both the Terrano and Pajero are genuine off roaders. With respect to the Juke, it doesn't pretend to be a proper off-roader - its a crossover. I'm an auto fan and I've said before I'd've had one if it wasn't for the CVT, but they don't give you as much control in the snow as a manual when you can drive at much lower revs and minimise wheel spin, 4x4 or not

·
Registered
6 Posts
h mate william from glasgow i ordered my juke accenta the first of sept and got it last week on friday was meant to have got it on the 29th of november i have the cvt box i was told the delay was the weather then they lost it so a would keep pushing your dealer a tried phoning nissan direct and got nowere so a wish you good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi mate me and my partner have just traded our x-trail artix sport expidition for the new juke and it is a crossover but a had my off roader everywhere and it was one of the best ive driven but my friend has just got the new honda crv and she loves that but my wee juke will do me didnt get the 4x4 just the one down from it and its great william glasgow

·
Registered
754 Posts
william said:
h mate william from glasgow i ordered my juke accenta the first of sept and got it last week on friday was meant to have got it on the 29th of november i have the cvt box i was told the delay was the weather then they lost it so a would keep pushing your dealer a tried phoning nissan direct and got nowere so a wish you good luck
These excuses get better and better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts