Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm so fed up of the delays (given I don't have a car at the moment and so can't wait till the predicted January dates for the Tekna dig-t's) that I'm looking elsewhere now.

So, what cars would you all recommend instead of the Juke Tekna dig-t?

Cheers!

·
Registered
199 Posts
If my deal goes sour, i'll be looking at a Skoda Yeti or even the 1.8 Mitsuibishi ASX crossover, wanted a Nissan Qashqai or the Hyundai ix35 originally but the 6 month waiting time on both took the pi-s, hoping my Juke does'nt overrun, i'll wait a month extra at the most, then i'll be cancelling and looking at the 2 cars above...
Edited by: theguru

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
based on function and relability its got to be the Yeti

but in truth like for model you would need to look at toyota urban cruiser Kia soul or mini countryman personally i wouldnt have any of them
i was looking a the yeti until i saw the Juke and decided even though it was smaller it looked so much better than anything else around

if mine becomes seriously delayed i just wont bother but i am only getting a diesel and all seems well at present

·
Registered
272 Posts
none iwant my juke PLEASE !!!!!!!! simmo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
None, once the decision is made you've got to go with it. Lets face it. If you've order our Juke and you know it's coming in January Great. At what point will you decide to relook and start the waiting game again.. on a car that probably won't come till after the delivery date of your Juke. Admitedly the wait is killing me but, I know it will be worth it... When the new Mini 1st came out the wait was upto 12months and people waited anddidn't regret it...

Don't bottle it now...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't like car dealers, they're only there to seperate you from your cash. Only trading in my 03 Ka because I want a Juke, usually keep my cars until they're nearly dead

10 more sleeps !

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hillman Imp said:
I don't like car dealers, they're only there to seperate you from your cash. Only trading in my 03 Ka because I want a Juke, usually keep my cars until they're nearly dead

10 more sleeps !
03 plate Ka that must be nearly dead anyway, terrible car hate the things
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
115 Posts
My short list was.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Ford Kuga Zetec (to expensive).
Mini Cooper (need a mortgage to spec it up, 3 door).
Citroen DS3 DSport (3 Door my wife hates 3 door cars).
Nissan Juke (no competition).

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would have bought a Mini Countryman Cooper S, but delivery was quoted as March whereas the Juke is supposed to be November.
having read reviews and driven both I think I probably made the right choice, although the Mini is much better quality inside especially in terms of materials and switchgear etc. for comparison I specced the Mini with Chilli Pack which gives 1/2 leather and xenons mainly. I would have missed out on SatNav but gained DAB radio (personally would have preferred the DAB as I use my phone for nav anyway)
the cost was going to be just over 25k which I thought to be acceptable, had they been able to deliver in December as originally thought I would have signed.
The Juke has a few more toys and full leather, performance is similar, ride is a bit better in the Mini but not obviously so.
essentially Juke is 19k Mini is 25k, Juke in November Mini in March - overall a win on points to the Juke!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tough decision, size isn't really an issue with me, performance is most important for me hence ordering a dig t. I have a mini cooper s at the minute and did seriously think about a countryman but it is just way too dear, it's a bit ugly too(unlike the juke)
If it wasn't a juke, or it's delayed any longer I think I'd get an Audi a1 or even a citroeon D3 sports,
Bemused by reviews about juke interiors being cheap plastic etc, but I don't particularly like my mini interior oh we'll see

·
Registered
754 Posts
ix20 from hyundai looks an option for those looking for an alternative - thats if you can cpe with a korean car.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The new Sportage isn't a minger either

The Koreans are starting to get it right at last

·
Registered
97 Posts
The question is if you looked at a juke liked a juke wanted a juke just because of a short delay you don't buy it will you always be wondering have I brought second best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Two things to consider. The fact that you're waiting means that they are in demand - just think what this will mean when you trade your Juke in! I've just had a terrific PX on a three year old QashQai and the Juke is going to hold its value just as well!
Secondly, whilst I agree that the Koreans have got their act together, have a look at the forecourt price of a three year old Kia - that's the sale price not the PX price! That's guaranteed to change your mind unless you want to run your car into the ground!
My Juke is fantastic and I love it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts