Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the topic up earlier about what what we'll be driving around whilst waiting for our Juke and it got me thinking about what cars people are trading up (or down) from.

Our car for the last 3 years has been a lovely green Mazda 2 TS2 1.3, The first year of ownership was trouble free, the car returning an excellent MPG and overall we were very happy. Sadly after the first service things went down hill, the car developed a squeak when pulling away/changing gear and went back to the garage some 8 times before it was fixed. They eventually tracked down the noise to a well worn/split engine mount bush. Next just over 2 years old the car developed another noise, coming from the engine when cold which (to me at least) sounded like to the bottom end was knocking, Mazda have refused to acknowledge the noise, they changed the spark plugs (at our expense) and even to this day state that there is nothing wrong with the engine. I lost count how many times it went back to Mazda, it even stayed for 2 weeks whilst a 'Master Technician' looked at it and we got the use of a Lovely bright blue Mazda 3. It's a real shame as we really love the colour & look of the car, it's just let down by a poor dealer and/or poor build.

I'm hoping our Juke (and Nissan in general) can surpass our little Mazda.

Horse And The TS2 by i am dabe, on Flickr

So now for your story! I want to see pics & experiences of your current car, feel free to write paragraphs! ;)
Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
754 Posts
I love your car, had it been available in automatic I would have bought it instead of the Juke!
Are you part-ex'ing it?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i have an 08 plate micra which is going in p/x, which we only got in May as wife didnt like the x trail she before it. the later of which i am still trying to sell

·
Registered
754 Posts

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/2005-Honda-Jazz.jpgNot my exact car but identical. Had it 6 years, was meant to be 3 but I love driving it so much and only do 5,000 miles a year so I've kept it (that and moving house and buying a car for son). Was one of the last Honda Jazz to come with a factory fit electric sun roof and one of the last in this colour - ice blue, looks silver at night.Touch wood, its been problem free for the whole time I've had it. Apart from servicing, total repairs have amounted to a blocked windscreen washer (£10).Only changing it because 6 years is a long time.

Edited by: silverjuke

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm changing from the qashqai 1.5 diesel, which I bought new almost three years ago.
I've loved this car, never had any bother with it and would happily have bought another until I spotted the juke. I decided that the juke was big enough for me and also I love the look of it, added to that its cheaper than the qashqai

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I knew it wouldnt take long for someone to ask the lamb question

Thats my bedlington terrier (I now have two!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
We are trading in our 18month of red Yaris 1.3. Before this we had a lovely Mini with the full body kit etc and loved it but during this time hubby was made redundant so it was more economical to buy a car that was much better on fuel in a way it wasn't 100% what we wanted but due to the PX price we got for the Mini we didn't have much to pay out and obviously we had a new car. So he now has a job money isn't an issue anymore so we thought what the **** your only here once let's buy a car that we really really want so here we are. Very excited and can't wait until tomorrow!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi
We have gone from an V6 MGzt+ which we had from new around 7 years ago
Loved the MG hence we kept it for so long, BUT picked up the Juke today
and I have to say what a fantastic car Nissan have made, it is well built feels very solid and has an array of gadgets to keep me happy..... I am really pleased with the blue tooth music streaming from my phone its great! The MG was great - the Juke is much better LOVE IT...............

·
Registered
367 Posts
12 hrs and 25mins to go for us
so glad you love yours and don't forget the pics

·
Registered
69 Posts
P/X Mercedes C180 Kompressor 52 plate. Done me well but like all cars that come to a point starting to cost more to keep it. When I saw pics of the Juke way back around Easter time I knew I had to order one. Happy Fathers Day to me when I placed order in June. Now having to put up with delays. Latest delay quoted as beginning of December. Now in discussion with Nissan Customer Services.!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Slightly Off topic I know but, as you are streaming music from your phone, can you stream it from an iPod aswell? When I went to the prelaunch tour the guy there said you should be able to however at my dealers last week he was saying he didnt think it could be done even though both ofthem run bluetooth.

Any help or info would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bradders said:
Slightly Off topic I know but, as you are streaming music from your phone, can you stream it from an iPod aswell? When I went to the prelaunch tour the guy there said you should be able to however at my dealers last week he was saying he didnt think it could be done even though both ofthem run bluetooth.

Any help or info would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks
I can stream music from my iPhone, however you control it through the phone rather than through the car's stereo.

Also I have a few problems when I've got my phone connected to play music through the USB and I get a bluetooth call, it kind of freezes the iPod part when the call ends, and I have to unplug and replug the USB.

No biggie, but hey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh, and on topic, I changed from a Fiat Grande Punto, which I got about £3500 part ex from my Nissan dealer, and they've now got it on sale there for £4500 - they're being very optimistic if you ask me, I hardly kept it in good condition ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Changed from 2006 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 softtop (my secondary car). Due to repeatedly upcoming physical consequences when driving it open, I decided to go for a non-convertable successor. Aimed on distinctive look / performance / dimensions and price, it had to the Juke, not another Jeep.
If one wonders what my other car is...an 1969 Aston Martin DBS inline-six would have been nice, but since I'm not rich I stay with my reasonably priced and very tiny 2008 Suzuki Jimny. Besides eye-straining white when freshly washed, my colleagues keep laughing about it (mostly to my own dimensions compared to the Jimny, but who needs sun-visors anyway?)
I think the Jimny (weekdays, winter) and Juke (for fun driving during weekends) will complete each other nicely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Changing from a renault twingo. Good little car but thats the problem for us it far to small.collecting are Juke tomorrow sooooo excited

·
Registered
452 Posts
If I ever get the phone call to even see a Juke in the flesh and consequently fall in love with it, I shall be trading my super 2004, absolutely trouble-free auto.RAV4 3 door, in metallic green

Never even changed a light bulb on the SUV and never ever had to add oil to the engine!!

I hope the Juke will be as reliable?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts