Discussion Starter #1
The Kick off for the first mods when I get the car:

change the driving and license plate light for led's
change the orange indicators in the front
18" rims (after the winter)

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
You'll have to let us know the bulbs you get as those are the two things I'm thinking, also thinking LED side lights.

Would like less 'yellow' dipped/main beams too but haven't found with the right colour.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iamdabe said:
You'll have to let us know the bulbs you get as those are the two things I'm thinking, also thinking LED side lights.

Would like less 'yellow' dipped/main beams too but haven't found with the right colour.
For the indicator lights I am using the Philips

For the led lights I'll be running the Pilot

For the license plate at the rear:

there are bigger version from Pilot, got to see how this looks first

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Sweet Thanks, NissanJukeBox! :) I was looking at the osram silver indicators but I had these in my old fiesta and they burnt out within a year, likewise I had some cheap 'HID' look bulbs which too burntout quicker... I think LED is the way to go!

Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iamdabe said:
Sweet Thanks, NissanJukeBox! :) I was looking at the osram silver indicators but I had these in my old fiesta and they burnt out within a year, likewise I had some cheap 'HID' look bulbs which too burntout quicker... I think LED is the way to go!

the Philips I have like 5 years now and fitted in 3 different cars, they are still okay

Fitted in the driving lights on top the leds

real nice

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mightygoo said:
Can you tell me the product number/code of the LED bulbs yout using for the side lights?
Found these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BA9S-5-LED-PILOT-BULBS-BMW-F-R1200RT-K1200-RS-R-LT-H6W-/170539746316?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27b4f6040c

Has anyone changed the Main bulbs yet, are HID just replacement bulbs?
are the side lights the ones on top or the indicators in the side fender?

the ones on top are the ones I posted
I got them in the shop:
9-SMD PilotLED T10 W5W
art.nr.4375

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
**** NissanJukeBox! Those lights look EVIL! the white just accentuates that! I like it ;) Thanks for the info.

N.b sidelights are the ones at the top, yea.

·
Registered
46 Posts
was told today that we need to be careful when fitting LED bulbs to our new cars as this can mess about with the cars ECU & make lights come up on our dashes!

Not sure myself, anyone heard this before?

·
Registered
484 Posts
mightygoo said:
was told today that we need to be careful when fitting LED bulbs to our new cars as this can mess about with the cars ECU & make lights come up on our dashes!

Not sure myself, anyone heard this before?

This is a warning posted on power bulbs web-site regarding some LED side lights:

Note: These bulbs are designed for interior use. They can be used in an exterior application but it is not road legal to do and, in addition, due to technical differences between LED and halogen technology, a vehicle warning light may be triggered depending on the configuration of your vehicle. This is more likely to happen if your car was manufactured after 2005. Should you choose to use the product in an exterior application, and a warninng light is triggered, we are unfortunately unable to provide any guidance as to how to disable this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I fitted LED's to side lights and number plates no problem....
I tried fitting LED indicators bulb and the flashing rate was too fast due to too little resistance
Will have to order the OSRAMs silver bulbs - improves the front end no end

1 - 17 of 17 Posts