Discussion Starter #1
in 1941 the average age of a combat soldier was 21
according to nissan the average age of a Micra driver is 62
so what about the Juke owners

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
12 Posts
No Dartingabout, you are a Spring chicken!!
I am 78 years young and cannot wait to start laying some rubber with my Juke Tekna Premium!!
Some previouswheels were a ´69 Mustang, 305 c.i. Camaro and a full dress Hog Harley-Davidson.

·
Registered
575 Posts
4x4, that is the coolest previous car history, especially the Stang. You don't have it anymore because???????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Because there only needed to be the slightest dampness on the tarmac and that animal and it was an animal, would want tobreak away at the rear, regardless of how careful I was with the gas pedal!!

In the dry however, if you floored the pedal, when cruising at around 60mph, it would drop into first ratio and itfelt like someone had pinned you to the seat!!

Yes, it was some car, in Ivy Green metallic, with gold pinstriping, black seats with horses embroidered into the headrests, together with lap and chest seatbelts.

Back then, girls didn´t thumb lifts, they threw their panties at me, SIGH!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
us old farts love the juke. simmo.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's the trouble with you oldies - something for the younger generation comes out, and you guys jump all over it, becuase you baby boomers have all the money

If you drive your Juke in superdry clothes, I'm really going to sulk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think im youngest here (24). JUKE prefere older people because of easier entry and exit, good for the spine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sitting pretty (sort of) at 26. Soon to be 27 but we wont talk about that

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think Nissan may have got their demographics a little wrong if your poll is anything to go by

·
Registered
64 Posts
The slightly higher ride height suits the 'older' less mobile frame (speaking from experience). That's why you see a lot of older people running around in small MPVs designed for families with kids. We had a C-Max a few years back, with 'picnic trays' on the back of the front seats... never used them!
My wife is downsizing from her Freelander to a Juke on Friday, ride height was an important consideration for her.
I had to get rid of my BMW Z4 when I found it too hard to climb out of :(

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as long as th e Juke doesn't become the new Micra I am happy to share with my parents generation
mind if i walk in the dealers and he tells me the average of a Juke owners is 62 as he did when we discussed Micra's that will be it goodbye Juke
I have to agree that the design for access does lend itself to the less mobile what surprises me and i dont mean this rudely is how the older generation have taken to its quirky looks
I just hope it doesn't prove too popular where I live as its full of retirees drive at 15 mph everywhere

·
Registered
64 Posts
My daughter, son, and future daughter-in-law all drive Micras.... average age 30.....
There are an awful lot of Micras & Quashqai where I live ..... not surprising when you consider the factory is only 4 miles away

Picking up on the point made about quirky looks appealing to baby-boomers, that is what attracted my wife to the Juke. I suppose you could argue the Freelander she has at present had a similar rugged look... as it happens she hates the new Freelander 2... says it is too bland.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nothing wrong with the Micra i just got rid of an 08 auto acenta wife loved it even though it lacked power but as soon as the she heard the average age of micra owner was 62 it was going done me a faovour in a way as was having trouble convincing her to part with it for the Juke and no I didnt bribe the salesman to say it, we were discussing why the new micra only has 1 engine option and that was when he said about age and expalained where Nissan was going with it think they may be rethinking that when they realise older gen are buying Jukes not Micra's suspect the Micra will go the same way as Almera and Primera especially as they now have the Pixo below it

1 - 20 of 71 Posts