Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought brand new nissan juke 15/10/10 on 20/10/10 boy racer went straight into my rear. only had 106 miles on car. Had to wait for parts for ages cos juke is so new.
Car went into Nationwide repair and when they removed bumper found a very bad welding job to panel under bumper. Nissan GB owned up to it, but they never advised dealer or me that a repair had been done, I would'nt have bought it!! also thanks to boy racer or it would never had been discovered. ALSO the repair had started to RUST!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after lots of emails. even wrote to MD Mr Willcox (although they said he was too busy to answer my letter)they have offered to replace the Juke. asked for an upgrade due to the underneath way they have sold this car. upgrade built in satnav but wont agree. Feel let down by them especially after looking on line at ''CarDealer Mag''(google it)that had interview with MD and his high customer service promises to customers. this mag also details Nissan 5 point plan to customers.
If you want to see pics my email is on the newbies site

·
Registered
540 Posts
The stories coming in about the Juke are seriously making me considering cancelling my order - even if it means giving up the deposit.
There is so much negativity and NO reassurance appearing on the forum from Nissan.
What would I like to see? A notice from Nissan to put all problems straight and mean it, Publicly.
It is no big deal but, would go some way in making buyers and prospective buyers feel happier OR has there already been something like this and I have missed it?
It's all very disappointing!!!
Edited by: Dougal

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Thats a very poor show from Nissan their to badly repair your car and keep it hush hush
as for customer service statement from Mr Willcox its all talk
Him and Nissan talk the talk but dont actually deliver on what they claim they will do
their customer service is abismal as far as I am concerned and I seriously doubt I will buy another Nissan

·
Registered
659 Posts
I certainly shan't buy another.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unacceptable sale of a defective product. If they were aware of the defect at the time of the transaction andthey sold the product as "new" and not "as is", then that constitutes a fraudulent behavior.You are entitled to a new Juke plus your upgrade (if the sale of the defective Juke was not an honest mistake). Good Luck!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't see why you think you are entitled to an upgrade because of a mistake. They have offered to replace the car, and get you what you paid for, I think that's extremely reasonable to be honest given that they could just be repairing your current one. Trying to score an upgrade out of them is a bit cheeky, and doesn't show bad customer service at all by refusing to give it to you.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I'm sorry - I really must disagree .

A replacement car is what should be given without question asa new car is what thecustomer paid for (Damaged in the factory is below an acceptable standard)- however an upgrade is an additional gesture of goodwill in my opinion due to the nature of the issue. If they can provide free courtesy cars for new customers there is a certain obligation on their part to keep existing customers (who have already been loyal by buying their brand!!) sweet.

In my opinion -

feel free to start shouting!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The repair has not been paid for by Nissan - but the insurance from the party that ran into the rear of my 5 day old car. They did not pay for my courtesy (insurance did) car either although Nissan MD Mr Willcox's five point customer service plan states:The way you retain customers is to deliver them a decent service,’ explained Nissan GB boss Paul Willcox. ‘If you annoy customers and give them poor service, they won’t buy your car again.
‘We wanted to provide a customer promise, a commitment to customers which says that if you come to a Nissan dealership you will get this level of service. We sat down with our dealer association a year ago and worked out what should be in that.Mobility – ‘If their car is off the road for whatever reason, a service or breakdown, then Nissan will guarantee free of charge mobility. That means a courtesy car will be provided for free. That’s basic, but I can’t find any other brand out there that does that for free .
Do you think 'poor service' could mean a badly welded (not my words repair centre words) repair not made known to dealer or customer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
I don't see why you think you are entitled to an upgrade because of a mistake. They have offered to replace the car, and get you what you paid for, I think that's extremely reasonable to be honest given that they could just be repairing your current one. Trying to score an upgrade out of them is a bit cheeky, and doesn't show bad customer service at all by refusing to give it to you.
Storm you are both right and wrong, right is a much as entitlement but in fairness to op he purchased a new car that should have been that new not repaired in the factory secretly and badly it appears.I accept that cars get repaired before customer ever sees them but in this instance it would seem according to OP poorly repaired which is unacceptable due to disception I feel Nissan owe the OP a gesture of goodwill.
Also as OP says Paul Willcox and Nissan are making loud noises about customer commiment but delivery very little in terms of their claims

·
Registered
659 Posts
The right to a new car is undeniable. The 'upgrade' depends upon goodwill. This extends both ways. Pleas first. Threats later (maybe). Do unto others etc. Give them an opportunity to show goodwill.

They should have all these problems factored into their implementation cycle and have a budget for these inevitable eventualities and procedures in place. This isn't inherently a "new model" problem. It affects production throughout the manufacturing life-cycle of any product. What they shouldn't do is quibble.

Now they are alerted to the problem they are dealing with it and they just need to establish why quality-control didn't weed out this vehicle. Someone will have made a conscious decision to do a weld but not overseen the quality of the repair. Human error or errors.

Heck, I hope you get a properly new and safe vehicle ASAP.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It is a worry though that this issue wasnt picked up at the quality control stage... It is also extremely worrying that it was rusting!!!!! - The ramifications of that in a rear end smash- unthinkable!!!

Hope everything gets sorted out to your satisfaction

Fee x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your solid advice. going to email watchdog. got all the pics, even the badly welded piece of metal. ive tried relentlessly for an upgrade and i understand this wouldbe goodwill on theirbehalf, but then i would be satisfied.As far as i am concerned, Nissan soldme a badly repaired car, that if the repair had been madeGOOD before it left Nissan factory I would nothave known about it, therefore would not be moaning. whoever does quality control requires re-training and glasses!!
At present Nissan have stated they will replace but the upgrade cost to be metby me.
anyone whowishes to see thepics of the repair free free to email me [email protected]i'm sure you'll agree then that an upgradeshould bemade by Nissan. WILL SEE WHAT WATCHDOG SAY!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
At the very least I would expect Nissan to make good on their customer service problem. I would also expect some gesture of goodwill. I would bring this matter to the attention of as many people I could in order to secure as much publicity as possible. Nissan should NOT get away with this.

·
Registered
873 Posts
How do you even know it was Nissan? Maybe it was the dealer. You are jumping to a lot of conclusions here, including the one that Nissan knowingly did this, which may not be true.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts