Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked over to the car the other day to make a phone call, was noisy outside and quiet inside..
And you know, when you're on the phone for a long time, you begin to get bored and tiresome, and you start looking around..
I noticed that the Silver Paint is starting to rub off of thegear-stick... Is this happening to anyone else? Its the standard 5 speed manual...
Also, anyone noticed any leather on their steering wheel almost, peeling off?
The day I picked up the car, I thought I scratched the underneath of the steering wheel. It felt as though something had scraped along the bottom, like ripples? I was so annoyed at myself.. I couldn't stop touching and feeling it. Argh..
But i've noticed its been happening all the way around the wheel? And i've noticed right now that the leather (between the seam of where it becomes perforated and smooth) that the smooth side has actually started to peel off.. Should I wait before it happens in other areas or should I take it straight into Nissan?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I agree with DEKS

Take it back to dealer - could potentially be the first of a faulty batch of material......

Let us know how you get on..

Good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Agreed, Dealer time! the first lot of D40 Nav's has this problem on the steering wheel, silver flicked off with the first couple of months.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For the paint issue, I've heard of this happening if you've used some types of cleaning agent that reacts with the paint... also some liquid air fresheners can be really agressive to interior trim..

For the steering wheel, get it checked out - may be just a one off I hope..

Be sure to let us know how you get on..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts