Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Watermarked Plastics

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  iamdabe 
#1 ·
This is going to sound a bit picky but I get funny about htings like this.

Was out washing the old Juke on sat and noticed before I started these marks on the black plastic body kit under the doors. Was / is on both sides in the same places on each side. No ammount of washing and buffing has got rid of them. with all the condensation on a morning up here I expected there to be marks where it had run off.

so, anybody else noticed this? Whats the best way to get rid? You can barely see it but when the suns on it I notice it and it bothers me

Thanks for any help.

See less See more
#2 ·
FriendlyWombat said:
This is going to sound a bit picky but I get funny about htings like this.

Was out washing the old Juke on sat and noticed before I started these marks on the black plastic body kit under the doors. Was / is on both sides in the same places on each side. No ammount of washing and buffing has got rid of them. with all the condensation on a morning up here I expected there to be marks where it had run off.

so, anybody else noticed this? Whats the best way to get rid? You can barely see it but when the suns on it I notice it and it bothers me

Thanks for any help.
old Juke???
old Juke???
its a baby, please remember this.

#3 ·
These are a nightmare have you noticed after you've washed around the doors it constantly drips from these little holes however much you wipe them they just keep on dripping!! We use Armour All for all the black on ours but I can't stop the marks either!!

#6 ·
Alicat I know what you mean, but it REALLY bothers me. If you look in the gallery section it seems to be on all Jukes as the marks are always in the same place.

I'll look at some of the suggestions, really need to get the marks off and then protect it afterwards. Just glad others are having the same issue lol.

#7 ·
I have a very technical term for this we call them "runnies" and I'm sorry to say that out of all the cars we've owned this is the worst for them!! We thought we'd got them all it all looked fab until we went on the dual carriageway and the runnies appeared out of the mirrors and down the sides of the car

#8 ·
Hi All, there is aprocedure to remove these marks, your dealer should know (and I guess have removed them before delivery to you !) but I've added it below so you can get your baby looking good
:

1) Wash the car to remove any surface dirt and dust, and allow to dry.
2) Apply a small quantity of white spirit, to the affected area using a microfiber cleaning cloth or soft bristle brush. Lightly rub the surface to completely remove the stain.
3) Within 5 minutes of removing the stain using white spirit, clean the moulding surface using a warm soapy water solution (mild detergent / car cleaning soap) using a soft cloth or sponge.
4) Allow the moulding to dry and inspect to confirm that the deposit has been removed. If any signs of the deposit remain repeat the above cleaning process until the stain is completely removed.

#9 ·
I was allowed to wash my Juke all by myself! For years my husband has insisted on washing my car. I was gutted when after spending absolutely ages drying her off I pulled away nice and gently and yep, water ran out from the mirrors splashing onto the windows when I parked up there were lots of water runs. Needless to say I got some stick!

#10 ·
Well I checked our Juke this morning and low and behold we have watermarks on the lower plastic trim. Seems like it's a drainage channel for water from the door seams.

The water mark is located on the lower black plastic trim underneath the door, located just behind the front door gap about 4" along into the rear door.

Will have to try the white spirit trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.