Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months O have noticed a small amount of water in the boot area just below the louvred part of interior trim below the rear lights. Garage had it for two days and resealed a seam. A couple of days later same problem so it went back to the dealer when I went on holiday for two weeks and they say they can't find anything wrong. Any one with any ideas where the water could be coming from.
Thanks Robert

·
Registered
23 Posts
You mention a louvred part; on a lot of cars the louvres have a rubber gasket, a bit like a diaphragm inside. this is so when you slam the doors you don't pop a window out. The diaphragm opens from the inside outwards and lets the pressure vent to atmosphere. It could be that a bit of dirt, a stone or something has got stuck in there and is letting water spray up from the road. If you can park in a garage, or somewhere relatively dark, put a bright torch in the boot and close the lid. see if you can see the light from the underside at the other side of the louvred vent. If it's not that, made sure all window seals and door/boot seals are 100% intact and there are no watermarks next to them.

Is the water clean or is it dirty? Dirty water would say its coming up from the road, where clean water to me would suggest fresh water from above.

Could shopping have leaked water in the boot? Frozen food etc???

·
Registered
13 Posts
zany 17,email through juke and nismo on the other forum as i know of someone else who has the same problem he is prepared to speak to you by phone if you wish but i am not prepared to give somebodies phone number out over a forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue with my Juke. My rear nearside foot well soaking wet. At first I thought I must have left the back window down but several attempts with old towels to dry it out failed.

I realised it must be something else. On further investigation I discovered that the underside of the rear seating was soaking wet too and then I found an inch or two of water in the bottom of the boot! Fortunately there is a rubber plug at the bottom of the boot, so I was easily able to get rid of the water - but the foot well is still soaking wet.

I'll try CDP Design's suggestions but thought I'd register my problem here as maybe this a fairly common problem with Nissan Jukes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue with my Juke. My rear nearside foot well soaking wet. At first I thought I must have left the back window down but several attempts with old towels to dry it out failed.

I realised it must be something else. On further investigation I discovered that the underside of the rear seating was soaking wet too and then I found an inch or two of water in the bottom of the boot! Fortunately there is a rubber plug at the bottom of the boot, so I was easily able to get rid of the water - but the foot well is still soaking wet.

I'll try CDP Design's suggestions but thought I'd register my problem here as maybe this a fairly common problem with Nissan Jukes?
Hi. Did you get your issue fixed. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts