Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anewbieso not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I've paired my nokia, and blue tooth seems to be working fine. the steering wheel buttons for the phone work in as much as I can answer and disconnect using them, however voice recognition isnowhereto be seen (or heard). According to my manual no set-up isnecessary. Any ideas?

sport in red with red trim.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i could be wrong as i havent tried it but i believe you have to hold the call button on the steering for a few seconds. as I say not tried it as my phone isnt set up for voice calling anyway

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Voice dialing is not part of the phone but on the Connect head unit.
I have not setup VD on My BB and it still works fine.
As Deks says, Hold down the Answer call button on the stearing wheel for a few seconds and your connect head unit should then TELL you "Voice commands activated"
You then just say "call soandso mobile" or whatever number you want :DEdited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
52 Posts
I didn't know it had voice recognition! Must get around to reading the manual sometime.....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
its not in the manual and as far as the dealers know it does not exsist.
I had to phyically show my dealer before he believed me lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
You don't have the connect head unit, so might make a difference - doesn't work with mine either (although I have one on the phone)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think this will only work with the Connect head Unit.
The one with Built in Sat Nav, Maps and Bluetooth
:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a bad case of underspec ordering by me! Never mind I'm old enough not to get to bothered about not having all the toys. Didn't see the need for sat nav as I can read maps and road signs,besides getting 'lost' is one of life's little adventures.thanks to all who replied.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It doesn't work with my Connect head unit, unless I'm doing something wrong. I followed mega-beates instructions but nothing

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
okay Juke66, try this:
Once your phone has connected to the head unit via bluetooth.
Press the "answer call" button once so the phone screen is displayed. The hold in the same "answer call" button for about 3-5 seconds.
Thats what i was told in the first place but im sure mine works from any screen.
On a second note, maybe your phone needs to support voice dialing even if its not configured". Im using a Blackberry BoldEdited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
52 Posts
Still no joy, I can feel a phone upgrade coming on

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think it is a feature at all. All holding down the call button on the steering wheel does is replicate holding down the call button on the phone.

With my nokia c6-00 the voice activation needed activating. Without the Bluetooth on, hold down the call button on the phone for 3-5 secs and it should give you a message to activate it. Then reconnect Bluetooth and away you go.

If this doesn't work it must be a compatability issue with your model.

As an aside my nokia keeps locking up sometimes when trying to do this. It isn't a juke issue, it is a nokia issue as the phone is pants and has been ever since they upgraded it. I feel an iPhone coming on

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well have just Held down the call button on my phone and nothing happened :D i wouldnt even know were to find voice activation on the blackberry. But since it works through the connect Im not really eager to find out :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts