Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
So I am getting very excited about the arrival of my new Juke and just wondered how long you had to wait between your car being issued a VIN number and collecting it? My dealer tells me that myJuke hasn't been allocated it's VIN number yet but I was told to expect to collect mid-late March.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
104 Posts
when we ordered ours we were told that the vin no was usually released when the juke was nearly oron the transporter, i rang up on the 5th of feb for an update and our saleman looked on the system and saw that we had a vin number, so he went around the back and our juke was there, it had been delivered the night before, that was a nice surprise but abit of a rush then to sort out delivery and insurance. Picked it up on the 9th of feb and loving it very much! I hope that may help abit.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cant answer the the wait time but can say if the VIN number hasn't been allocated yet then the car is being built. From my understanding as soon as the car is allotted a build slot its given a chassis number(VIN)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...I guess I just have to learn to be more patient! Its killing me!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Guys as soon as thebuildticket comes out at the OEM it gives it a Vin Number.This then gives the car its id and all parts allocated to the vehicle are correctly registered to it , ie airbags, Occupancy sensor matt, ECUs etc etc.Even when we put our seats in the car we know which vin it is.
I know of a great story about this where as a known car had the wrong seats in the vehicle and the owner tried to claim for new seats through warranty - it came too he put his friends seats in because he wanted a new set due to the poor state they were in = lol.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
The dealer should be able to advise you when a chassis number is allocated as it appears on their ordering system.

I got mine from the dealer about a fortnight before the car arrived

Fee x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts