Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, my wife came back from work in the snow, along icy B-Roads. Everything was going swimmingly until she came across a gaggle of stranded cars going up a steep hill. "You've got a four wheel drive" someone said, "you can get by us by going on the grass!". She took their advice, and got stuck just short of the brow of the hill. Much thanks to the farmer in the "knackered old Land Rover (I think it would have been a 90)" who very carefully towed her out, without damaging the Juke! I have now read the manual! What we should have done is 1. Switch to 4wd (which she had done). 2. Turn off the ESP to allow more engine revs and 3. Take it out of ECO and put it in Normal.Itriedthisand it certainly gives more chance of getting out of slippy stuff. Now, do I invest in winter tires too? Plan Bof course, is to use the perfectly good A-Roads back from her work! We've had a chat about it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good old landies!!  

Hoping to do a swap to a juke from a '90 next year though! 
Theres only so many times i can put up with cold bum/hands etc on a drive into work nowadays...need a bit more luxury in my old age lol
Interesting to read about switching to 4wd..didnt realise it was "switchable" 
Ive downloaded the manual...what page is that on? Happy & safe driving in the future!! 

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just remember to pop it back to auto when you park .all the transmission wind up is not a good thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's on page 5-27 onwards. You can switch from 2wd, to 4wd-v (which is torque vectoring, i.e it splits torque to whichever wheel needs it) and 4wd which does a 50:50 split front to back and then to whichever wheel requires it on that axle. I think I've understood it? I wanted a Landie, but got out-voted in favour of heated seats, cruise contral, bluetooth and iPod connection! Cheers for the comment, I hope you get your Juke, I would recommend them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts