1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Ive just been on Google & the sponsered links at the top have:

<LI =taf sb_id="ms__id6346">
<H3 sb_id="ms__id6347">Nissan: Save Your Cash <A style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; : relative; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline; BORDER-TOP: medium none; TOP: 2px; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
</A></H3><CITE sb_id="ms__id6349">www.[B]nissan[/B].co.uk/Juke</CITE> Beat the VAT increase next year. Book a test drive with Nissan now!</LI>
I clicked on the link & it took me to the main site, but I cant find anything mentioned about it.
Anyone come accross this or any info about it? Would be great if it was true!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Shouldn't it say "Nissan- we won't get your car to you in time for next year so you'll be paying 20% VAT"

·
Registered
78 Posts
My dealer just called. He said delivery was still scheduled for early Dec as expected and then in the next breath said that Nissan havenow saidthey will absorb the VAT increase if it slips into next year. Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris78, yep I checked the date to make sure it was 1st Nov & not the 1st Apr!

fippenyjuke, does make you wonder, he couldnt be that confident. Fingers crossed for you though.

My dealer stated Jan, although we havent got a specific date. He did put on our form we would be responsible for the extra VAT if it went after 4th Jan. So I wonder if theyd honour it anyway!

I only ordered 2 weeks ago, but it seems like an eternity!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wonder what would happen if you paid the majority of the deposit in December and paid the balance in the new year you would only pay the higher rate after January...i cannot see the deealers refusing to accept this

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Scoobie Doo, Unfortunately, we tried that one. Apparantly it goes on invoice date & they cant raise an invoice without the chassis number. I checked with 2 or 3 garages, only 1 said they would do it, as long as they got the chassis number in time.

Its not fair really, as im told the vat is on the full price & makes no difference to what weve already paid. Surely that cant be right, can it?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hiya Folks

Ispoke toa Customer Services Manager, Michael, at Sunderland today regarding my Juke delivery problems and asked him what the situation was regarding the vat increase and possible delivery delays - cars being promised in December say - going into the New Year?

He said that all Dealers have been advised that if an order wasplaced prior to October 31st and its delayed after January 4th 2011 - Nissan will absorb the increase in VAT.

Sounds fair enough but hard lines for people placing order now!!

Fee x

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can confirm as I said in my post yesterday in response to claire blue under 'newbies' that the dealer I ordered from read me a letter that said the same as the Customer service Manager regarding ordering the vehicle by October 31st.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lets hope they all get the same song sheet and then all us patient 'Jukers' will feel a lot happier knowing whether or not you may have a to find more money in the new year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Fee. Have I just read somewhere in here that your car is ready and waiting after one more sleep,if you can sleep that is. Being new to this forum lark I keep forgetting which thread I have been reading,probably an age thing.Anyway if I was right hope all goes well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts