Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have today received a V5C document from DVLA for a vehicle I have not yet signed for or accepted.
The documents are in my name.

??Am I know responsible for the insurance on this vehicle??

I have tried ringing DVLA but it is constantly engaged.

My dealer is not available and Nissan Customer Services are blaming my dealer.

Any help, advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you get the 7 day free insurance set up for the dealer?
I only ask because when they go and register the car at DVLA (local office) they would need to see the car insurance.
It seems a bit confusing how they have done this if you have not had it insured.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi SunnyP

No I have not done anything yet. Was a bit shocked when this arrived yesterday in thepost.
I have stillNOT accepted Nissans offer and have not signed for anything.

I am now considering seeking Legal advice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got through to DVLA.
They have advised me to return the document with a statement of what is going on and they will investigate.
Somebody has signed the declaration on my behalf to register the vehicle, even though I have rejected Nissans offer and am still waitingfor a "replacement offer."

How much more of a shambles can this get??

Edited by: marmajuke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
marmajuke the dealer has pre registered the car to hit target numbers for a specific period this quite often happens we had a member on the forum who got his documents for his car in Novemeber and got the car in January
I dont believe this is legal as technically you are responsible for a car you dont have and if on finance are paying for a car you dont have also if your car doesnt actually arrive before Sept you will be on an old plate when you could have a new one

I thought Nissan were giving you a replacemnt car for the one you rejected or is that not the offer on the table?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deks36 said:
marmajuke the dealer has pre registered the car to hit target numbers for a specific period this quite often happens we had a member on the forum who got his documents for his car in Novemeber and got the car in January
I dont believe this is legal as technically you are responsible for a car you dont have and if on finance are paying for a car you dont have also if your car doesnt actually arrive before Sept you will be on an old plate when you could have a new one

I thought Nissan were giving you a replacemnt car for the one you rejected or is that not the offer on the table?

Nissan have accepted my rejection of vehicle on 17th June.
The dealer order a new vehicle for me on 21st June , and that was delivered the same week, However, Nissan would not let me have that vehcile and had to order me another one. This vehicle arrived at the dealers on 7th July.
I was then sent an offer letter from Nissan to accept the new vehicle under the terms contained in the letter. I refused this because, there was no mention of the gap insurance and service contract of which I paid for through the dealer. Also the dealer wanted £130 for RFL and £400 for change of colour. On speaking to Nissan I was told that all vehciles come with 6 months RFL from new, and they would honour the change of colour costs.They have still not put this in writing.Why then is my dealer trying to make a quick buck out of my misfortune, and why did I pay for 12months RFL on my 1st vehicle??
Other issues I have is my private plate and wind deflectors that the dealer was doing. The dealer has now told Nissan that I was doing this myself, but they have my retention Documents and my wind deflectors for fitting. I can't believe a word they say.

NCS are blaming the dealer for everything and the dealer is not available, is on holiday, will call me back etc, etc.

I have now recived the V5C documents on a vehicle I have not accepted or signed for. Nissan are telling me they needed the vehicle registering for sorting out the paperwork, of which the dealer still had not sent until this afternoon. DVLA are telling me this is not the case and to return theV5C to them with a statement of the situation and they will investigate.

All in all a shambles.

I wish I had never looked at a Juke, and never bought one!

I don't want this car anymore just my money back.

The saga continues..........

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
This is a nightmare, I feel for you as a new car should be so exciting. I hope you get it sorted, but sounds line the dealer is taking the ****.
K xx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Marmajuke,

I agree with Deks, that they have registered it to hit numbers. I should know.
I just found out my car has been sitting in the dealers for over a week!
They dont want to register it till August as they have hit their figures for this month.
Like you, even now, I am thinking to leave it and cancel it, but the dealers will not care nor
will NCS as they will be able to sell the car straight away.
Dealers will always win!...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Demand it now, it's your car, it's nit as if an august reg will be on a new plate so sod them, get it delivered next week.
K

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Kats,

The dealer is definately taking the ****. Well no more I've had enough. I have been really calm and appreciated all there help, but now that Nissan is calling the shots ordering the new vehicle they have been total w***ers. I am guessing they thought they would get a cheap vehicle to resell butI understand that Nissan are going to take it back.

I also found out that my rejection was refused twice due to lack of evidence from the dealer and the respray that was done was not authorised under the warranty, and the dealer did it on their own backs.
On the 3rd occassion the rejection was accepted, and I had to inform the dealer.

There is definately a lack of respect between dealer and Nissan. Just unfortunate that I am stuck in the middle..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SunnyP said:
Marmajuke,

I agree with Deks, that they have registered it to hit numbers. I should know.
I just found out my car has been sitting in the dealers for over a week!
They dont want to register it till August as they have hit their figures for this month.
Like you, even now, I am thinking to leave it and cancel it, but the dealers will not care nor
will NCS as they will be able to sell the car straight away.
Dealers will always win!...
Is there no honest dealers out there anymore??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
@marmajuke, you have my thoughts via pm, as kat has said above as them if you have it supplied from another dealer at ask for a recomendation, from my experience a dealer that isnt part of a group is usually better so ask for a dealer who is small and personally owned

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Westway is closer than the dealer I used. I will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
marmajuke said:
thew I wondered if you were going to say it was them that supplied it
dont forget to pm Nissan as I said MJ

·
Registered
78 Posts
In order to register a car in the customers name, the dealer will legally need a signed (by customer) Confirmation of registration issued via the dealer AFRL system (the system all dealers use to tax and register a car with DVLA). Ask to see the copy you "signed". They would also need to see your insurance certificate. If the dealer applied for the insurance in your name, they would need to know - or in this case probably guess- your insurance claims history, convictions etc etc Neither ethical or indeed legal. This whole thing stinks. Make as much noise as you can and walk away if you feel you need to.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
deks36 said:
marmajuke said:
thew I wondered if you were going to say it was them that supplied it
dont forget to pm Nissan as I said MJ
Already PM'd Nissan with all case details. Thanks

No it was not Westway but one of the Chorley Nissan group dealers.
The Bolton dealer was dreadful.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
datsundealer said:
In order to register a car in the customers name, the dealer will legally need a signed (by customer) Confirmation of registration issued via the dealer AFRL system (the system all dealers use to tax and register a car with DVLA). Ask to see the copy you "signed". They would also need to see your insurance certificate. If the dealer applied for the insurance in your name, they would need to know - or in this case probably guess- your insurance claims history, convictions etc etc Neither ethical or indeed legal. This whole thing stinks. Make as much noise as you can and walk away if you feel you need to.
Thanks Datsundealer. This is what DVLA had said.
I am going to return docs to DVLA and let them investigate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts