Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my new Juke Acenta Premium with stop start this week. Here’s a few first impressions which those contemplating buying a Juke may find useful.

I bought from buyanewcaronline.co.uk who offered a very good price indeed. I am the first registered owner, so not like some companies that pre-register to themselves first.

I’m very pleased with the car – it cuts a bit of a dash on the streets as there are not many of them around.
The stop/start system works really well. Whenever the car comes to a stop in traffic, the engine cuts out. As soon as the clutch is depressed the car starts instantly. It is not intrusive at all and there is an override switch if you don’t want to use it.
The Connect 2 sat nav and radio/CD is very good, though I was expecting a bit more umph from the 6 speakers. And the radio cut out mysteriously once and only returned when I re-started the car (sounds a bit like a Windows computer)!
The Google Send to Car feature is a gimmick – given that the sat nav is so intuitive it’s easier to punch in a postcode on the dashboard than find a computer, load a Google map, send to your Nissan Connect account, then once in the car, synch your mobile phone with the sat nav.
The Google info services such as POI, weather and flight information are also a bit of a gimmick but the fuel price comparison is really useful. All of these use a Bluetooth enabled phone to dial out for the info and as far as I can tell, the call is a standard UK call that comes out of my call package
Connectivity is great with an iPhone USB socket (but no cable) that connects and charges at the same time
Speed camera alerts are included but it’s not obvious how to activate them (check other posts on this forum for details). Also not sure how long the speed camera subscription lasts for.
Insurance (parked on a London Street) was very cheap though I do have 11 years NCD
It comes with 36 months warranty and 36 months breakdown cover
There’s no spare wheel but there is a sealant and inflation kit – confess to feeling a little insecure about this.
The position of the handbrake and arm rest will take a bit of getting used to
I love the reversing camera – though I need to practise with it a bit more to fully understand and trust the guide lines
I confess to missing a decent clock – but there is a small clock display on the sat nav
The metal gear lever console looks good and you can attach an iPad stand to it provided it has a large sucker and a flexible goose neck (though it would get in the way of a passenger)

I read many reviews on the Internet before purchase and here are the common criticisms together with my own views:
Very cramped and claustrophobic in the back – not really. Am 172cms tall and can sit comfortably in the back
A hard ride – yes, very hard. As the driver I don’t worry about this as it makes me feel more connected to the road but not sure how passengers would feel
Noisy, especially on the motorway – I think the problem is road noise rather than engine noise and so very much depends on the road surface
Cheap plastic dashboard which marks easily – yes, sadly. And the key is very cheap looking too (but this is a very minor point)
Poor stowage space – true, the boot is not huge, but the back seats let down if you need extra space. Also, there’s not a great deal of stowage in the cabin, thought the arm rest has a useful storage box
A little under-powered – no, switch to Sport Mode and it’s very frisky
Poor MPG – too soon to say but I doubt that it will be the most economical of cars

I bought in full knowledge of the criticisms levelled against it and I don’t regret buying it at all. It’s a fun car that’s practical and fully loaded with lots of kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick update after about 500 miles: Still loving the car. The reversing camera is brilliant. I take back what I said about the speakers lacking umph - for some reason the sound from the radio is not brilliant, but plug in an iPad and the sound is excellent.
A suggestion for improvement would be to have a single switch that closes all windows after the ignition key has been removed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also used "Buyanewcaronline", all went very smoothly, arriving on my doorstep exactly as planned. Always used a Dealer in the past, never again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another quick update

I've solved the hard ride problem:)
The dealer had over-inflated all the tyres to 44 psi. I've corrected that and the ride is much smoother.

·
Registered
26 Posts
after a few months with mine love it,with the seats down I put in two sets of golf clubs one being a tour bag witch is a big bag,two golf glider trolleys batterys and shoes no problem,would like to close all windows with the key but no big problem. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just joined and read your review. All sounds good, pick our Acenta Premium up Friday, hubby and I cannot wait, just 2 more sleeps as Grandkids say. Thank you for review.

·
Registered
119 Posts
JukeOwner, good to hear that you almost a happy Juke Owner. There are always critisms that can be made about any car but normally you bear with the problem or try to improve it somehow. What we found to be a must here was the DRL's which we had fitted as new and the Interior lighting in the cockpit or in the rear at night is not brilliant but we have added LED's and it is vastly better. This is a fun car but it is the wife's ! - Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts