Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant seem to get my i--pod to work properly, plug in the white USB/IPod cable and it plays the music for around 20 seconds, then the head unit displays "IPod detected" and either freezes there or reverts back to the radio station ?
Car is a standard Acenta model, only took delivery yesterday, anyone having similar issues?
Also my I-Pod when connnected says "Accessory detected" and wont let me go into the music list ?
Edited by: david17021982

·
Registered
144 Posts
iPod firmware a up to date? Worth checking in case it irons out any bugs...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
surely the firmware/software shouldnt be applicable as to whether the head unit pickes the mp3 device up properly?
Edited by: david17021982

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I use my iPhone on the Loan Micra and have found it is best to plug in AFTER the engine is on and the system fully up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
david17021982 said:
surely the firmware/software shouldnt be applicable as to whether the head unit pickes the mp3 device up properly?
Could be if the Nissan unit was designed around a later version of the iOS, I agree it's unlikely, but worth checking all the same

I use iPhone and it works fine as long as you let the Bluetooth connect before plugging it in - obviously not applicable to iPod though.

Probably worth trying your iPod in another Nissan (dealers?), then you know if the problem is the iPod or the car...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i found the problem, a tad embarrassing, the lead going into the bottom of the i pod was being dislodged by the leather wallet i keep it in, all sorted !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As i say a bit embarrassing !! Was shouting at the thing because i thought it was rejecting my ipod or was just freezing/crashing, the reality was the cable was being dislodged from the bottom of the ipod by the hinge on the leather cover, ive now binned the leather cover !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts