Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm hoping that you guys can answer some of my "I wonders..."

So is there a maximum size of memory stick the Nissan connect can detect? Is it technically possible to just plug a USB external HDD in and leave it there?

When you start the engine back up, does it resume the music from where you were last playing it if listening from USB?

I guess you can "shuffle" ALL songs that are on the USB device?

That is all. (for now)

Im hopefully getting a Juke ordered soon as a company car.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've only had mine since Saturday but I can answer one of the qq.

If you shuffle your input device then you can shuffle on NissanConnect. I use my mobile so I haven't left it plugged in when I've switched off. I haven't yet got it to work from the steering wheel controls apart from volume and (I think) shifting tracks. It's good and loud though. I can tell you THAT.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
right i read somewhere its upto 8gb usb but i cant confirm that, i have an 8gb usb stick that works fine.
music picks up from where i left it, haven't got a clue on the shuffle as i havent tried it.
hope this helps answer some of your questions

·
Registered
873 Posts
Same as deks36, I use an 8GB stick (Super Talent Pico C in fact) and it works fine. Volume and changing tracks works from the steering wheel, it picks up from where you left off, not tried shuffle. But then, I don't have Nissan Connect either, just the standard radio in the Acenta base model.

I was planning to order a 32gb stick for it, but I had the same question about maximum memory size... I've looked everywhere in the manual for it and not found an answer either. I also had the idea of an external hard drive, so may see if I can borrow one to try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Slightly different as I use a 8GB Ipod - however, picks up song when last turned off - "mix" allows shuffle of tracks either within Album, Artist or Tracks - so far so good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the answers guys. Stormrider - It would be interesting to see how you get on with an external hard drive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi There,

I managed to get some technical spec of the 2 systems so I've posted it for your reference... Hope this helps ..

- The Nissan Connect and Standard Audio units support USB devices up to 100GB
- Portable hard drives which consume up to 500mA are supported but this should be checked before purchasing

<Nissan Connect >

- Max. Folders supported = 5000 in total
- Max. Files supported = 15000 in total, but one folder should not contain more than 6000 files
- The audio unit will resume from the USB where you left off
- The audio unit can be set to mix in folder and across entire USB
- If the USB device contains a large number of files then the indexing may be slower than a device with a few files..

<Standard Audio>
- The audio unit supports at maximum 20000 audio files in a device file structure spread over a maximum of 8 folder levels.
- The audio unit will resume from the USB where you left off.
- The audio unit doesn’t mix tracks across the whole USB – it mixes in a folder then moves on to the next folder.
- If the USB device contains a large number of files then the indexing may be slower than a device with a few files
- In case several disk partitions exist on the device, the audio unit supports the biggest partition only and ignores the others

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ah, looks like I don't need to borrow the hard drive then :)

Thanks - this is very useful info.

·
Registered
873 Posts
5523_Juke said:
- If the USB device contains a large number of files then the indexing may be slower than a device with a few files</font>
Update, from experience, on the standard audio unit. I currently have a 32gb memory stick in there with 16gb of mp3s on it currently. The indexing is a little slower, but not really that bad. One consequence though is that the car wants to start playing something before the index is finished, so the resume from where you left off doesn't work. It plays a random track (the file it plays always seems to be a set number of folders ahead of the track you were playing last, which is odd). There are ways to fix this though.

- Press the back button to go to the playlist. It will show the playlist you had on last time, and the song you were playing last time will be highlighted - so it does remember where you were, just doesnt load the index in time or something. You can then press enter straight after back to play the track again, however it will play from the beginning of the track.

- Leave the current track to finish. Then it will carry on with your original playlist, at the next track (ie, the one after the one you stopped in last time).

- The best method, and the one I use, is to press the power button on the unit twice (you can do this relatively quickly, but doesnt seem to work if you do it too quickly). It seems this doesn't clear the index it has in memory for the last played tracks - this only seems to happen when you cut power to the stereo (ie, turn the key to off). Once you do this, the track you were playing last time will come back on, at the place you left it, with your original playlist.

So bit of a pain that it does it, but i just press the power button twice once the USB index has loaded and it carries on from where it left off. Clearly a software issue here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts