Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Juke Nismo is having an MOT in England currently.

The garage just rang to tell me that the headlights fail because of some rule that came in March 2020 about no longer allowing certain LED headlights to be fitted after market. Note we are not talking about bulbs but the entire units.

I'm 99.9% sure they have never been changed. I have had the car from just a couple of years old, and have all the documentation from the original owner with nothing showing headlights being changed. Also I had an MOT last year and this never came up.

They claim they can't even change them themselves as it requires Nissan to do. I believe these units came from Nissan. Is there any link or proof anyone can send me that the Juke had LED headlights from the factory? It's possible it's only on the Nismo as the DRLs are completely different to the standard Juke

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Juke Nismo is having an MOT in England currently.

The garage just rang to tell me that the headlights fail because of some rule that came in March 2020 about no longer allowing certain LED headlights to be fitted after market. Note we are not talking about bulbs but the entire units.

I'm 99.9% sure they have never been changed. I have had the car from just a couple of years old, and have all the documentation from the original owner with nothing showing headlights being changed. Also I had an MOT last year and this never came up.

They claim they can't even change them themselves as it requires Nissan to do. I believe these units came from Nissan. Is there any link or proof anyone can send me that the Juke had LED headlights from the factory? It's possible it's only on the Nismo as the DRLs are completely different to the standard Juke
Hey Pal, sorry for delay.

There is a great forum called the MOT testers forum and some real knowledgeable people on there, so may want to sign up to that. The easiest thing would be to contact nissan hq with some pictures and send them off with some questions. In addition potentially just popping to your local nissan and see what they say.

Keep us posted as.be interested in what the outcome was.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unless there is an after market headlight unit available I can't see it coming from the factory incorrect. The only option would of been left or right hand drive.
The MOT test shouldn't fail any light as long as the beam pattern is below the line and flicks up to the left side in the UK. There should be no scattered light above the line.. nice crisp line and do the check with the levellers set on "0".
If there's no levelling roller wheel the lights will be HID I think.. so should have self leveling system fitted to it. There's a switch fixed on the rear subframe to body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts