Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Dealers yesterday siting in my Pre PDI Juke Acenta Premium with my friendly Salesman, he was going through the Connect System And Sat Nav with me , he indicated the Sat Nav has been upgraded with the lastest Speed Camera sites? Also the Dash board surround of the Sat Nav and Connect System is now in Piano Black. I'm collecting car on the 28th and will post photos.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I might have to go through the settings to check how old the maps are - the only out of date speed camera I've found is the one on the way to work, but the limit there was reduced only a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't expect it to be correct.

The most unexpected feature to the sat nav, though, was when I was using it to drive home the other day and suddenly Urhura (it sounds like her to me at least) informed me she was recalculating the route to take into account a traffic jam. I thought that was something I'd have to pay extra for.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Remy said:
I was at the Dealers yesterday siting in my Pre PDI Juke Acenta Premium with my friendly Salesman, he was going through the Connect System And Sat Nav with me , he indicated the Sat Nav has been upgraded with the las test Speed Camera sites? Also the Dash board surround of the Sat Nav and Connect System is now in Piano Black. I'm collecting car on the 28th and will post photos.

If Nissan are now shipping with speed camera sites pre-loaded thats a result. as this is a pay service on other san navs.
I use http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/for my Connect and it cost a yearly subscription but, I can download a weekly update for up to 3 different devices which is an advantage as we also have a couple of Tomm Tom's

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pick up my tekna yesterday and whilst driving towards a speed camera it come up with a warning message that there was a speed camera ahead and what the speed limit was.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
the dash surround has always been piano black , however the connect unit used to be just usual grey/black thing looks awful and now the connect unit is piano black to fit in with the dash
wonder is Nissan is giving free upgrades to us with older unit, especially as it was on the list of upgrades I suggested via email to them

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone any idea how to get the new version with speed cameras as an update from Nissan (apart from Strof's suggestion to use Pocketgpsworld which, as said, is an annual subscription)?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wonder how Nissan will update the data base as the camera sites are fixed points of interest added to the map and change all the time, road work average speed cameras etc. Can't see it being part of the live traffic alerts, but if it was itwould very clever and mean we would all get the alerts.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Like Other sat navs such as tom tom. can we add our own POIs to the connect?
I have no idea why you would want to but i thought it might be a half decent question to ask.

OOOO look at that tree! id love to come back one day (adds POI)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
When I uploaded my speed camera file it went on as my point of interest
also you can save a location while at it so I presume adding poi's is possible

just dont ask me how

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
After Spending much time sat in the juke looking over the connect system I realised that it seems to be piano black after all. Well the bits that aren't buttons match the rest of the unit anyway. Looks good but I've never seen a different system to compare.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts