Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice simple one this. How is the SatNav updated and how often are the updates available?> Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Updates are available from Nissan dealers at some rediculous price that I cant remember

·
Registered
309 Posts
could 1 person buy it then us all pay say £5 to get it?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
considering the Juke sat nav was produced in 2010 and given that this country is near broke I personally cant see any major road changes happenning anytime soon so doubt the need for update will arise will arise to soon

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been down to the Main Stealer and they showed me how to do the update. A SD card is removed from the unit and the update is done via your own P.C. This is a COST option, but the dealer either couldn't or wouldn't give me the price. A friend of mine has a Jaguar and the price for an update was..............................£300!!!. In ref to the above reply that there are not many roads being built, that may be so, but don't forget about all the "one way" changes etc. I update my TOMTOM about every 3 months or so and each time there are new additions. The "Stealer" told be that the update only needs doing every FOUR YEARS, What a Pillock!!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I did consider layout changes before I posted but it was more tongue in cheek than serious ,
to be honest we all have eyes and should be watching and reading the road not trusting an electronic piecof equipment this is why there are so many incidents involving satnavs because people take the literally without using their head and eyes.
We have become to reliant on this type of equipment

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with what you say re paying more attention to the road. I have to say though I have found TOMTOM to be invaluable when driving to new and unknown areas. Last year I drove from Spain into the south of France, TOMTOM took me to EXACTLY the correct place, and when it said that "You have reached your destination." I was actually AT THE GATE of the Caravan park, how's that for accuracy?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Here in Spain, I would be absolutely sunk without my Tom Tom!!City to city and town to town is easy but trying to find a street in a city or town is a nightmare!!Couple this with the strange disposition of manydrivers and you could have a recipe for disaster!!Three cheers for my sat. nav.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sat nav relies on local authorities 'releasing' details of new housing estates ! Same where I stay - if there's a new 'phase' to an estate planned it can take ages before the up-date coms thru! Not (always) the sat na peoples fault ! Tom tom and garmin have problems in my area too ! (not that I'm defending Nissan) !!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think the satnav is brilliant. It's way better than the TomTom in our other car which gives truly bizarre directions.

I'm a big fan of the satnav.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'll be interested to see how it compares with my iPhone App (Co-Pilot).

Does it have an annoying preset voice? How many voice choices?

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are no voice choices, one of the things I'd like to see because I prefer a man's voice on the guidance.

I'd also like to be able to change some of the settings in terms of quickest/shortest route and average speed on A roads. I travelled from Cumbria to Suffolk at the weekend and the Nissan system tried to send me down the M6 rather than the A1. The motorway is about 40 miles longer but presumably the system thinks it's quicker because it's motorway. When I ignored it and went down the A1, I found that the Nissan system persisted a lot longer with trying to get me to go back to the M6 than the TomTom before it gave up and re-calculated for the A1.

·
Registered
873 Posts
kennyp said:
Sat nav relies on local authorities 'releasing' details of new housing estates ! Same where I stay - if there's a new 'phase' to an estate planned it can take ages before the up-date coms thru! Not (always) the sat na peoples fault ! Tom tom and garmin have problems in my area too ! (not that I'm defending Nissan) !!
Best thing about using the Google one - a lot of data comes from their cars which actually drive around the place!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts