Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys / Gals
Just had my dealer confirm all is well for 23rd march !
My question is for petrol heads only -Which unleaded type are you using?
I thinkim going to go with the super unleaded even though there is a price premium to pay per litre.What i have noticed in my current car is it really does feel more responsive anddoesseem to go that bit further in MPG.As any of you tried a comparison between the two in your Jukes ?
Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm not so much the petrol head, but I really don't think your engine is going to get anything out of a higher octane fuel.

I'd spend the money on doing a few extra miles if I were you. Petrol's expensive enough as it is.Edited by: Wraithen

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I found this too. I used to run my TT on 98ron fuel and when I couldn't get it and had to run with 95 you noticed the difference. I bet if you look in your Manual if it states preferred choice or tests done using 97 ron/95 ron fuel.
Edited by: Rocks703

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi,
@ the moment I'm waiting for my Juke driving Smart MHD and just for mistake I got ones 98 instead of 95 - I never ever get so good mpg ... but engine is 1l. and anything is make difference, before I had in Audi A6 2.8 petrol there was no difference at all ...

·
Registered
484 Posts
I’m using normal unleaded on my DiG-T. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Going slightly off topic – We’ve used V Power diesel for a few years on our Qashqai 1.5 dCI and my previous Fabia vRS TDI. The main reason for this is because it is a cleaner fuel – helps keep expensive injectors, fuel pump and turbo cleaner. There are slight power gains although you may not notice any difference. IMO the engine is more responsive and runs smoother.
5<SUP>th</SUP> Gear did a test on this.

http://fwd.channel5.com/fifth-gear/videos/consumer-info/posh-diesel

·
Registered
443 Posts
Use a good make 95 .if you re map the ECM let them know your going to user super.
Re map is about £600. Extra 15 HP.
Don't tell the dealer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
12Inchmick said:
I use the super every third tank, was under the impression that the additives were better for the engine in the super. ??
12inch
Yesthat'swhat ive been told too.
But I have really noticed a difference with my old car - its only a clio 2002 1.4 16v sport, Running with the premium fuel.
Is there anything in the handbook / recommend, i would have thought they too will say 95, but it would be good to compare the two in our jukes.I shallcertainlytry when i get mine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I cannot speak for my Juke yet, I haven´t got it but I did once inadvertantly fill up my RAV4 with 95 octane. BOY! did I notice the difference and that´s on a 2 litre engine!! Slower acceleration, pinking and a very slightly rougher idle.So, without a second´s thought, my Juke will be on 98 octane for all its life.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I treat Hiro to the Super stuff, think the fuel is just better, yes you pay a bit more but hey you've just spent alot of money on your baby and so why would you deprive them?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
We've filled ours up with the 95 super unleaded as suggested on the inside of the fuel tank door

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok, so Pogo has been running on Tesco Momentum99 for a day or so.
Have to say the engine sounds 'smoother' Trouble is, now I think I've spoiled the little blighter.
Drives like a new car Hang on a minute, it IS a new car!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I never use supermarket fuel, in the past have noticed a difference in performance and mpg between the two.

Around my way Shell are the same price as supermarket apart from Asda!

Lj x

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've never even considered putting super unleaded in mine but I might give it a go just out of interest and see if I feel any difference in performance. I do avoid supermarket fuel if possible because in my previous Fiesta there was a noticeable drop in performance when I used it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've only ever used normal unleaded fuel but may have to try the Super to see if there is any difference. As for supermarket fuel versus dealership there is seriously hardly any difference nowadays and I always use supermarkets.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts